Answered

Hidden fields and url paramaters

Is there a way to use url parameters that do not have the same name as the hidden field?

icon

Best answer by acethor 4 May 2022, 11:43

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @acethor Welcome to the community! The names for the hidden fields that you set within the Typeform settings must be exactly the same as the parameters in the URL, so it isn’t possible to have different names. 

Any particular use case you’d like to share for having different names? 😁

Hi @lia.
Thank you for the answer, and yes. The problem is that we wanted to add a short surway at our success page after the customer had ordered on our site.

There we have some already set parameters in the URL that we use for other reasons and chaning them is not quite possible at this moment.

As I wanted to grab some of those to add to the typeform to collect what fulfilment types etc. the customer used when he checked out and then answered the survey.

The problem with our current pramaters is that they have lower and uppercase and typeform hidden fields do not support that.

Any suggestions to how to possibly solve this? 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ohhh, I see. Though, I think regardless of the uppercase/lowercase, you should still be able to enter them into the hidden fields section of Typeform to pass the data in. Typeform should pick it up regardless of the letter cases. 

Hello again @Liz 

Thank you for your help, it worked when I set the data-tf-transitive-search-params with upper and lowercase as the URL is. And then I set the data-tf-hidden as the same as it is in the Typeform and it worked very well.

If you can get it to the dev team, it would be awesome if I could transform names with in the data-tf-transitive-search-params value fx. thisIsUrlParam[0] => typeformparam :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @acethor Ah! So glad to hear that worked. 

As for transforming the names, I can share this feedback with them. 😀