Answered

How to receive calculated score per each answer

• 26 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

How to receive calculated score per each answer inside the webhook payload?

icon

Best answer by Liz 26 March 2024, 20:24

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @dumitru.cucu Thanks for stopping by the community! Do you mind sharing a bit more about what you’re looking to do? 

It’s possible to send an overall score through the webhook, but are you trying to add the score from each answer option per respondent? Thanks in advance!

Badge

Depending on the field type, I want to receive the calculated score per each choice in case if the field it’s `multiple_choice` or `dropdown`, same with other field types.

Currently the only solution at the moment is my parser which based on the form definition (specifically inside `logic` array) analyzes and maps all scores to the corresponding fields:
https://gist.github.com/dumitruPuggle/5e7c58bde3d35643a2089f1bf3d0b3d2#file-typeformformdefinition-ts

Badge

Here’s a the output of the parser
https://gist.github.com/dumitruPuggle/fb62c95e8cdeb116b0c7459eec14df78

But still, it has limited support for field types.

My main question here is why can’t you guys just include a `calculated` score per each field (choice, or depending on the type) inside the webhook payload. 

Unfortunately, I don’t want to be disrespectful, but seriously this has taken a lot of my time, and it was just a is a pain in the arse

Badge

Can I expect this feature request from your end or at least is there a possible way to accomplish this without the need to continue developing complex solutions that should be maintained periodically?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ok, got it, @dumitru.cucu ! Thanks for sharing this! This is a unique request - do you mind sharing what the use case is for this so I can pass it along to the product team? 

While this might not be something they build in the near future, it would be helpful to know the use-case in case they create a similar solution. 😀

Badge

Yes sure

Thanks