Skip to main content
Answered

Integration with mobile app

• 13 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I want to integrate TypeForm surveys with one of my iOS app. So would like to know:

Is there any mobile SDK available from TypeForm to integrate with the client app(iOS or Android)?

Is there a way to know if the set of questions are completed by the user or if the user has left the survey in between.

Also would like to know how to control the number of responses? For example if the responses exceeds the limit of 10000 in Premium plan, what happens if the users submit the survey?

How to control the TypeForm questions from the mobile iOS app?

Thanks.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sachith Rao Hello and welcome to our corner of the internet! Have you had a chance to take a peek at our Embed SDK yet? This may be what you’re looking for! While we don’t officially support embedding within mobile apps, it is possible using WebView. 

As for knowing who has completed the form, I’d suggest adding an identifying question in the form, such as a name or email, or pass in the data through a hidden field. Our forms don’t collect any information that isn’t asked. 

Finally, you can close the form after reaching a certain number of results by using our schedule form closing feature. 

Let me know what you think of the Embed SDK, Sachith!

Thanks a lot @Liz for answering all my queries. It was really helpful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Of course, @Sachith Rao ! Let me know if you think of any others. Curious to know how you’ll be using Typeform in your app!

@Liz I am using Webview to load the type form url in my iOS app. Since I am using webview(provided by Apple SDK) would like to know is there any way to know Submit button is clicked? Is there any API available for iOS to know navigation between the pages and submit button click action. I am asking this for the usage in iOS mobile app. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sachith Rao In the developer docs, you’ll find instructions for the onSubmit callback, which is triggered once a respondent clicks the submit button. A little bit more on that can be found here!