Answered

Is there an API to get the Form's EMBED code for an email

• 12 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

In our product, we are able to generate Forms dynamically using the Typeform API. We would like to use some of these forms in our Email communication. I can see that, from the Dashboard UI, we can get the actual embed code that we would copy and pasted into our email template. I would like to know if there is an API for me to get that embed code for a given form. I don’t want to have to access the UI to get that code.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by mathio 15 May 2023, 17:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @BrianHenson I don’t believe we have the email embed code in the Embed SDK or through the API, but @mathio can confirm that!

Userlevel 1

I’ll wait for @mathio’s confirmation, but thanks for the quick response. Would be a nice addition for customers that are building fully automated systems on top of Typeform.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @BrianHenson , unfortunately this API is currently not available for 3rd party use. What is your use case? it sounds quite interesting.

Feel free to contact our technical support with a feature request though 😃

Userlevel 1

@mathio In general, we treat Typeform forms no different than any other piece of infrastructure resource. We generate the forms with code and we isolate these forms among different deployment environments (DEV, STAGING, PROD). 

Our current usecase is simply an EMAIL that will ask users for reasons for leaving the product. We are using Typeform to capture that data by embedding a form in the email template. Again, we would like to do all this programmatically, but embedding a form in email is a bit more verbose than embedding a form in some web site. The embed code has the HTML markup of the first page of the form. It would be nice to have access to an API that would give us that markup so we can programmatically build the template for the email.

Without this API, I’ve been forced to create a well known Form and manually copy paste the embed code into out email template.

Hope that explanation makes sense

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I have forwarded your use case to our product manager as a feature request. However i am unable to give any deadlines at the moment.