Answered

Leadership Style (Personality Quiz) - cumulative score and conditional ending

• 22 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I’ll try to explain my problem as clearly as I can.

I have built a leadership style (personality quiz).

There is a total of 13 possible styles. The end result will be the style with the highest cumulative score.

I have created a variable for each of the 13 styles.

Rather than having 13 answers for each question (!), I have narrowed down the answers to 5 possible options. Each answer is associated to 2 or 3 leadership style.

Based on the selected answer, 2 or 3 leadership styles get 1 point. The others get 0.

As respondents go through the questions, some of the leadership styles get points (while others don’t).

At the end of the quiz, each of the 13 styles has a score (saved in variables).

So…

How do I retrieve and compare the scores of the 13 styles? And how do I select the highest score from the variables, so I can trigger the right End Screen?

Thanks for helping me resolve this.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 22 April 2023, 06:09

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Audacium - there’s no easy way around this: you have to evaluate each ‘category score’ against all the others to determine if it is higher - every combination. I have done this with 20, 15, and 10 categories for clients and will swear (literally) that this is not the most fun exercise in creating logic. 

I’ve created a sample ‘template’ type quiz here that is based on 5 categories and shows you through the basics of the logic. It does not have a tie breaker in there if there should be ties at the high score but it is something you can add it (there’s another simple template i have to show that if the concept works for you) 

this should take you 80% of the way to your solution (conceptually) 

try it and let me know 

des

@john.desborough Thank you so much for taking the time to point me in this direction. Clearly, it is more complex than I expected!

Tell me, where do you go to compare the results of the variables? What screen or module do you use to make calculations and comparisons such as the one you used?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Audacium - that’s just all logic rules inside typeform. a lot of logic rules lol.

the more categories you have, the more rules you need to create in order to evaluate all the comparisons. basically it starts with: 

• are there any unique high scores at all -  you’ve got 13 but here’s the essential logic for the 5
    • if A is greater than B AND if A is greater than C AND if A is greater than D AND if A is greater than E then the highest score is A and you should go to the ending corresponding with A highest
    • If B is greater than A AND if B is greater than C AND if B is greater than D AND if B is greater than E then the highest score is B and you should go to the ending corresponding with B highest… 
    • if C is greater than A AND if C is greater than B AND if C is greater than D AND if C is greater than E then the highest score is C and you should go to the end ending corresponding with C highest.. 
  • you should get the drift now.. do the same for D and E being uniquely highest 
  • but what if there is no unique highest what’s the next level of evaluation ??
    • this is why i chose to do a ‘count variable’ to determine the number of times a value/category was higher than the others.. 

it’s a little complicated with the way that Typeform implements logic rules.. just sayin’ .. but it can be done.. 

des