Question

Link flagging in email as virus

• 29 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

I’m trying to send a typeform link, as a link (e.g. click here) in some text. It’s a google doc / word doc. However, when I attach the document to send to the recipient, it says ‘virus detected’ within the gmail client.

When I remove the typeform link, it’s okay and I can send the email. Is this due to the URL? I can’t personalise the URL as it’s already published and I don’t seem to have an edit URL option, but I’m curious why it’s flagging as a ‘virus detected’

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ECTeam Thanks for stopping by! Usually Google will flag a link that has a different domain than the email address sending the message. Though, just to be sure, would you mind sharing the message? It’s possible this could be the browser/security software on the computer, too. 

Thanks in advance!

We too have found this to still be the case with a PPTX file that had a spelled out link to a form.

My testing showed it didn’t happen if PPTX was converted to a PDF.

Also, links to just www.typeform.com pass just fine. Only the ones directed to forms.

My suspicion would be that Google is flagging it as potential Phishing exploit when in a office doc since they can potentially run macros?!?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Dan.Breuer That’s interesting to note. I’m not quite sure I understand what you mean by macros - do you mind clarifying? :grinning: