Question

Logic actions number limit in the UI

• 19 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Team,

Can you tell me what is the limit of the number of logic actions objects in the UI ? We have a form of 500 questions with each question having 3 to 4 logic action, and when we go in the logic part of a given form in the UI a warning message appears and warns us about the logic being above a limit and therefore it will not be loaded in the UI.

Thanks in advance

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@nickola - that’s a lot of questions in one form! Breaking the form into several typeforms, if possible, would give you more control over the logic in a given domain, and passing values from form to form as ‘hidden values’

i’ve taken an assessment tool of 4,200 questions and broken it into about 100 sub-forms in order to make it all work - i used Google Sheets as the Connect target and had one sheet with tabs from each typeform pulled into a master reporting tab, using the email address or assigned userid as the key between tabs.. 

that allowed me to be able to load and see the logic rules whereas there was no way to get all the questions and associated logic rules (over 10k rules) into a single form.. 

just a thought 

des

Userlevel 1

@john.desborough thanks for your answer. I find your solution very interesting 👍(kind of full serverless).

Our solution is based on a builder to create several typeforms according to a given specification, each of them with their own logic. We have also built a merging process to agreggate some of them, into a single master-form with enrichment for ‘jump to’ logic, to enforce transition from one sub-form to another inside the master-form.

So the logic is created ‘as code’ from the specification through the typeform builder, and can be verified in a subform through the UI, or through the API.

But as I try to validate the merging process for the logic part of the master-form through the UI, I have met this warning.