Answered

Matching Survey Answers Between 2 Sets Of Surveys

• 9 November 2021
  • 2 replies

So I have 2 Typeform surveys, essentially both surveys have the same questions, however each survey goes to a different group. 

Survey 1 goes to CDL class A truck drivers in the USA

Survey 2 goes to Trucking company owners in the USA.

Trucking companies who are looking for drivers have specific bench marks they require for hiring drivers, and likewise drivers have specific benchmarks they are looking for in their new trucking company. 

My question is, is there any apps I can integrate via zapier that would automatically pair optimal matches? It would make thing soooo much easier, if there was an app that said “8/10 questions match candidate A with company C”

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 9 November 2021, 04:50

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@levivanpay - welcome to the community .. 

what you have is a classic many to many relationship to solve.. lol.. 

you could have both surveys connected to the same Google Sheet - the data would end up on separate tabs (one for driver responses and one for company) 

You could then create a third tab where you would use a set of formulas to score each driver against each company and then determine the highest match score for the record, something conceptually like this on the 3rd tab : 

• start column list: driver_email, co#1-id, co1-1, co1-2… co1-n, co1_score, co#2-d, co2-1, co2-2… etc
    • this would give you a row for each driver that had the pts for each question for each company and a company score
  • extend column list or put on a new tab
    • (driver_email - if on new tab), co1-score, co2-score, co3-score…. 
    • after all the company total scores, you can choose the max score from the range of company scores and say that this driver matches best to co-x
    • conversely you can run the report that says for co-1, here is the list in descending order of driver scores from which to choose

just a thought.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @levivanpay! Hope you're having a nice day! 

I was wondering if you were able to read Des' suggestion? Do you think this would work for you? Let us know how it goes! :wink: