Question

Matrix question responses missing in JSON file extracted using Responses API

• 18 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello! We are extracting survey questions and responses using Responses API. But we noticed that only for Matrix type questions we do not see the response_id in our raw JSON file that we get from the API. 

We get the questions field_id, but response_id seem to be missing. Any idea what could be wrong?

The surveys are running and have many submitted forms.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @potato Just to be sure I understand correctly, when you pull responses from the Responses API, the ones that have a matrix question don’t include the response ID? Do you mind sending a screenshot? Thanks in advance!

Not exactly. We do not receive responses for some fields, which are in Matrix type. Not sure if screenshot would help in this case, maybe I could provide someone in typeform form id, with which we are having issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @potato Are these fields required on the form? If not, the respondent can skip over them without answering. If you want to be sure they answer the question, you’ll want to mark it as required

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @potato did Liz’s suggestion solve the issue? Let us know if you need more help with this one 😊

Hello, @Liz @Grace thank you for assistance. We were able to sort this issue out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad to hear it, @potato ! Let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Hello @potato  I have the same your issue. How did you resolve it? Thanks in advance