Answered

Need help, typeform submits transaction type in full, but I need the abbreviation of it submitted instead.

• 6 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello!

On my Typeform I have it set up where a person can choose a Home Equity Line of Credit as an option. My CRM is set up to read the transaction type as HELOC and not as a “Home Equity Line of Credit” - How do I set up my typeform to display “Home Equity Line of Credit” as an option, but when it submits the user data, HELOC is entered instead of “Home Equity Line of Credit” so my CRM can read it? 

Thanks!!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 6 December 2021, 19:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Maurizio Happy Monday! I hope you’re having a great week so far. :) 

The answers that are submitted will show in the results exactly as they are listed, so we don’t have a way to change the appearance of a submitted answer. 

Though, there may be some outside workarounds possible. Which CRM are you using? 

Hi Liz, thanks for your response! 

Yes, right now I have it set up where the abbreviation HELOC is being used, but in terms of user experience, I want to avoid using mortgage abbreviation jargon, so I was hoping to have it set up where an end user sees it as “Home Equity Line of Credit” since it’s more widely known. We use HELOC as an industry term. 

As you mentioned, if I go forward with changing the options to HELOC (for example) then it will work, my CRM will read it. My fear is that not everyone who is looking for a home equity line of credit will equate HELOC to that, so thats why I wanted to display it in full, but submit the abbreviation. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Maurizio - if your CRM will accept a variable being transferred into a field (ie if you can map the variable to either the field you want or a custom field) you can ‘set’ the variable to the HELOC text using logic like this in typeform

• if Qx is A (for Home equity loan responses selection) then set v_shortname to HELOC

in this case not only would your long text answer be available BUT the v_shortname variable could potentially also be mapped to a field in your crm. 

just a thought

des