Answered

Need to update Typeform fields through api

• 14 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello Team, I need to update form fields using api. PATCH is not working with fields value, so I need to use PUT method, My form is too long first i get the json response and I have to pass whole json again bcz if I miss anything then form logic, hidden values, setting , all these things will miss.

So I have to pass whole json is it correct. Also is there any way, I can update only fields « multiple choice options . My json data is very long .

icon

Best answer by mathio 15 September 2023, 13:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @sim23 I believe you have to update the entire form, but @mathio or @picsoung might be able to confirm!

So basically I wants to update my question multiple choice options dynamically. So they are under fields in json. So is there any way where i just need to send only fields data not whole data bcz if I miss anything while updating then my earlier setting will delete.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @sim23 ,

you will need to use the whole JSON as the payload. Otherwise you will lose part of the form / logic you do not send, as you correctly mentioned in your first message.

What is you concern with JSON body being too long? It should be completely fine to send large payloads inside request body.