Answered

organizing logic

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello we have been creating a choose your own adventure interactive game with videos the past year and almost complete, but have quite a lot of logic. Any suggestions on way to help organize logic or export it to organize and any ideas on how to easily label logic if you have multiple options when putting logic in ?  

icon

Best answer by cpeak5000 3 January 2022, 14:09

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @cpeak5000 Welcome to the community! Sounds like quite a fun form. :grinning:

If you’re looking to organize the logic just for the appearance, I’m afraid this isn’t possible, as the order of the logic is important for how the logic is carried out. You can read more about this here

As for exporting the logic, the only way to do this would be to print the screen on the logic map. If you don’t mind providing more information on what you’re looking to do with the export or labels, that will help me send this idea to our product team. :grin:

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks I wound up mapping all the logic on a giant scroll. I guess it would be nice to be able to label each question so when you are setting up logic and have several repeats you have a better way of organizing or creating the logic right now you can only do this with the question number. So currently we have over 130 options it would be great to have an easier way to organize this rather than just numbers. Or I believe you used to be able to test the logic as opposed to starting a preview and having to run through the entire form to get to that logic, is that still possible or an I missing something ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

First, @cpeak5000 , where did you get a giant scroll? I’ve always wanted one ha!

The testing option we have is in the preview, but I can share this feedback with the product team. What kind of form are you building that has that many options? We may be able to try to brainstorm how to reduce the questions, if possible, to help out your form. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

LOL. I used a massive roll of butcher block paper and laid out my logic!:laughing: ….we are creating an interactive digital game with videos of actors from the UK, US, China, Germany.  I run an arts organization in Chicago and discovered Typeform and we decided to create this virtual digital interactive story about conspiracy theories called The Octopus, hoping to release it in early February.  So there are quite a lot of twists and turns etc. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@cpeak5000 We have a saying here in the community that is, “pics or it didn’t happen,” so you know we need pictures of the scroll!

Also, I’m in Chicago! (Well, not currently, but that’s technically where I live.) I swear I’ve heard about The Octopus before, but possibly not. If you’re willing to share it, we’d love to see! It sounds really cool. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

LOL.  Can I share the link privately to you?  Scroll pic attached, it looks like Typeform has started to officially make me insane, but it was actually helpful, and from some of the tips you guys had for planning out logic.  My company is cockandbullarts.org 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@cpeak5000 @Liz - glad to see someone else uses these ‘scrolls’ for more than D&D games! 

Ikea locally had these rolls on sale for $5 before Christmas - i bought 10 (i have an almost 6-yr old) cuz i use them a lot. 

And speaking of D&D - i also the ‘erasable’ dungeon map sheet when I am blue-skying logic paths and mind maps 

@Liz - i can’t always map it out inside the brain lol.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@cpeak5000 Oh!! Wow, what a scroll! What a brilliant idea for figuring out logic. 

Your nonprofit looks really interesting! I have a few friends in the theatre scene in Chicago, so I wonder if they’ve heard of it. I’ll have to ask them!

(And yes, you can send the link via DM!)

Also, @john.desborough I had no idea they sold these at Ikea….you should not have told me that. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - you will find the rolls in the kids section near the ‘easels’ … just sayin’ 

We go through one roll a month for Mikaela and her art work…. also doubles nicely as wrapping paper that you can draw on with crayons.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough Don’t tell me where to find it! I’ll spend my whole paycheck there! :joy:

@cpeak5000 My name is Chad, and I’m on the Product team. Thanks for sharing how you’re using Typeform, and for letting us know that you’re looking for an easier way to share and collaborate on a logic map!

I wanted to let you know that we really appreciate your comments--and we’re currently working on a way to make it easier to share your forms (and the logic contained therein) with collaborators--in a way that ensures that those collaborators can’t make unauthorized changes to your forms. We’ll be rolling it out to customers soon. Stay tuned! 

Badge +5

Thanks for chipping in @Chad Bonner ! Much appreciated. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Chad Bonner - I wanna be on the beta test for that please!!! 

pick me pick me pick me

des