Answered

Passing data from one form to another in a Thinkific course

• 6 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Dear Type Form Community, 

I am exploring a project where by I need to be able to pass the survey response of a user from one thinkific lesson to another (it is the same course).

Lesson 1 - survey X questions

Lesson 2 - content

Lesson 3 - content

Lesson 4 - content

Lesson 5 - recall survey X question score for that user or answers and show in new survey Y

Thank you for any support/insight into how this might be possible.

Kind regards

Ricky

icon

Best answer by Liz 6 March 2024, 18:35

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Thetechlab Thanks for stopping by the community! How are your respondents accessing the form? Additionally, where are you storing their information (ex, a CRM system)?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Liz, 

I trust you are well. 

We are embedding the form into a Thinkific “multimedia llesson”  using the type form URL. 

At present there is no CRM system. Also, I am currently using the free tier plan on typeform in this scoping phase of the project.

kind regards 

Ricky

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Thetechlab Ah got it - thanks! You’ll most likely need a CRM for this work since you’ll need to pull the data from somewhere and enter it into the form through a hidden field method like this (as it’s not possible to reference past forms they’ve completed). 

I looked through Thinkific’s docs to see if they have something similar to merge tags like Mailchimp, but I wasn’t able to find anything on that. Do you happen to know if that’s a feature in your Thinkific account, @Thetechlab ?

Hi Liz, 

Thank you very much for your help and insight. 

It sounds like it is possible however requires the data to be stored somewhere and then referenced. 

I can see some merge tag capability in Thinkific for sending emails to users but that seemed to be about it. 

I’ve exceeded the number of form submissions on my free typeform account, this was to test merge tag capability. 

Liz, thanks for your time and support, if there is any possibility to explorer further by extending a trial on a different plan, it would be most appreciated. 

Kind regards

Ricky

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah shoot, @Thetechlab ! I was hoping those would work in the platform, too. 

It might be worth having their information in a CRM system anyway so you can send customized emails outside of the platform and reminders to complete forms/lessons!

Hi Liz, 

Thank you for the additional recommendations, we would use a CRM and Zapier. 

Kind regards

Ricky