Answered

QR codes, subscribers and databases!!

• 17 January 2022
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Here’s what I’m looking to do, I wonder if its possible:

Set up a membership form incorporating uploading selfies and ID

Move that data to a database that can handle it (I currently use Convertkit but restricted what it can process)

Give each dataset a QR code (one per person subscribing)

Send that QR code to the subscriber

Recall that data in a ‘pretty’ way upon scanning that QR code

I can do the first thing no problems thanks to Typeform but after that I’m struggling!!! 

Any ideas?

Chris C

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 18 January 2022, 18:59

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Cunners316 Happy Tuesday! I hope you’re having a good one. 

I’m not sure offhand of any products that would take data submitted from a form and create a QR code offhand from that. @belinda_long or @Paulo do either of you happen to know of one? 

Or @Michaela does Integromat integrate with any products like this? :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Cunners316 @Liz - in the help centre article about creating and printing a registration badge for a conference, there are descriptions of how to capture the input from the user on a form, create a qr code (the product is mentioned there but i cannot recall) and merge them into a template for printing locally and conversion to a pdf so that the attendee could print their own out. (uses Document Studio as well) 

that might work in terms of the method. Essentially what you would need to do is create the qr codes and put them into a file storage location (Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and capture the link to the qr code into the CRM record for the user (ie in a custom field ???) 

at least this way you capture the data and the qr code is created. you can use the google sheets/slide and document studio tools to create a ‘member card’ that has all the data and the qr code to scan. 

just a thought.. 

des

Userlevel 2
Badge

@john.desborough thanks for the suggestion, for some reason I’m getting an error page on the Help stuff but i’ll keep trying. It’s funny but I thought this task would be relatively straight forward but it’s turing out to be anything but that!!! Maybe barcodes are the answer instead of QR codes, thew search continues!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Cunners316 - i just clicked the link in my post above and got straight through to the article.. hmm.. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Very strange, I’m getting a bearded chap saying something is wrong!! I’ll keep trying!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Cunners316 We had a brief outage on random pages of our website yesterday, but this should be fixed now for you to view the article. :grinning:

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Cunners316 We had a brief outage on random pages of our website yesterday, but this should be fixed now for you to view the article. :grinning:

Yeah I managed to get on later in the evening. Interesting post but not what I was looking for, the hunt continues!

Many thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello folks! Hope you’re having a wonderful Friday! :sun_with_face: :blush:

What an interesting use case @Cunners316  :nerd:

Thanks for the tag @Liz :raised_hands:

Just a little bit of context to begin with:

Integromat is a visual platform that lets you connect Typeform to pretty much any other online app and automate all sorts of processes.

To get a general idea of what the options for this specific case could be, you can check out:

:arrow_right:  the preconfigured Typeform integration on Integromat to learn about its features & functionality

:arrow_right: the database apps featured on Integromat (if you wanted to stick with ConvertKit, you can also find it on our platform :slight_smile: )

Soo I’d say this whole thingy depends on when exactly you’d like to send the QR code to the subscribers. What would the trigger to the action be? The question also is what you’d like to have featured in the QR code. 

We do have a native QR app on Integromat. You, however, simply insert text in it. For example like this:

As a result of that, the outcome is plain ‘blabla’ when you scan the code.

Not sure if that’s pretty enough for your purposes since you can’t include any images in the QR code by default. To make it look really handsome, you'd have to first prepare the "pretty content" on a URL.  The QR code would then provide the URL to the page. The question here, of course, would be why not just send the URL to the subscribers. 

Another thing to consider here would be the fact that two independent automations would need to be set up. The first one to collect the data from the members and the second one to send out the QR codes later.

To sum it all up, there sure are possibilities but they might not be as elegant as you envision :slight_smile:

If you’d like to explore those possibilities, you can simply sign up for a free account and and maybe even see what else you could automate with Integromat.

Have a splendid weekend, peeps!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Michaela,

What a brilliant post update, it looks like I may be getting somewhere in my hunt for answers. I was beginning to coe around to the idea that each individual submission on the form may need to be formatted onto a webpage so it would have its own URL for a QR code to scan to, you may have pushed me further along that way. In terms of elegance sometimes ugly ducklings win out!!!

Many thanks, I will for sure be looking at your platform and having a play later on today!

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Michaela,

To answer your point about when the QR would be sent, I envisage the flow to be as follows:

Fill in form on Typeform

Submit Form

Details are compiled on URL (tricky bit)

QR code is generated and sent in reply to that submission (as soon as possible after submission).

The QR code is not for the subscriber to scan to get details (though they can), but for staff to scan on entry to confirm details of person entering.

Hope that clears things up.

Chris

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Heyyy Chris, I am very happy that you find my stream of consciousness helpful, haha :sweat_smile:

Also, thanks for clarifying the story behind the use case. Now I understand :slight_smile:

Feel free to check out every nook and cranny of Integromat and feel equally free to let me know how things are going :blush:

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Michaela 

I’m loving it so far, quick question, where does the QR code go when generated? Can I add it in a string of automations or would I need to do a seperate one to get it sent out to the subscriber?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @Cunners316 :wave:

Great question!

Sooo the Integromat QR module outputs an image. You can then take the image and send it as an attachment via Gmail or Slack or whichever messaging platform you’ll be using :slight_smile:

A bunch of things, obviously, need to be taken into consideration here but generally speaking, you could fit everything into one scenario :muscle: . The last module would be sending out the QR code. 

I’m not able to upload an image of the scenario so I’ll just plop it to imgur: https://imgur.com/a/Hx3BxLa

Just a note re the scenario: the HTTP is placeholder for the tricky "Details are compiled on URL” bit of your workflow.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Michaela Great!! I’ll give that a go for sure, loving it all so far!

Chris.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @Michaela ! Let us know how it goes, @Cunners316 !

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Happy to help & looking forward to seeing how things turn out :blush: