Answered

Redirect to chosen URL is not working properly

• 16 March 2023
  • 5 replies

The problem is that after respondents complete the form, they are being redirected to a different URL than the one that was configured in the "Redirect to URL" option. The URL they are being redirected to includes the parameter "typeform-source," which was not included in the original configuration.

I have already checked that the configuration in the "Redirect to URL" option is correct and that the parameter "typeform-source" is not included there. It was supposed to redirect to the following URL:

I would appreciate it if you could investigate this issue and let me know what may be causing this problem. Please, let me know if you need any additional information from me to help resolve this issue.

icon

Best answer by mathio 17 March 2023, 15:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @barbara.loureiro3 Where are the respondents being directed to? 

Is the "typeform-source" parameter related to hidden fields or UTM tracking? Also, can this parameter be expected to appear after a respondent submits a survey?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@mathio do you happen to know further information about the typeform-source variable? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @barbara.loureiro3 

The redirect is executed correctly as you defined it. However when you visit a typeform it automatically populates the typeform-source field (with value of the domain where you came from) for tracking purposes.

If you were to follow a link from any website to a typeform the typeform-source would be populated with its domain (in most cases).

Hello, @mathio and @Liz!

Got it. Thank you very much for replying!