Userlevel 3
Badge +2
  • Explorer
  • 15 replies

Hello,

I have a hidden field defined: next_typeform_id

I would like to have two endings to the current survey:

1. if next_typeform_id is empty or missing, just load a default end screen
  2. if next_typeform_id exists, then redirect to that typeform (e.g., subdomain.typeform.com/to/next_typeform_id)

I can edit the logic on the final question of my Typeform survey to say:

if next_typeform_id:

• is equal to
  • is not equal to
  • begins with
  • ends with
  • contains
  • does not contain

But there is not an option that I really want (“is defined” or “string length < 1” or something like that).

Am I missing something?

The only hack that I can think of is to have a 26-step logic that checks:

if next_typeform_id contains a OR

if next_typeform_id contains b OR

if next_typeform_id contains z

I am still very new to Typeform, so I am just hopeful that there is a better way.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 22 June 2022, 22:53

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@TMo - you should be able to have logic along these lines: 

• if next_typeform_id is not equal to (empty field)  then jumpto ending A - which has the redirect link on it 
  • in all other cases jumpto default ending B

and on the ‘redirect ending page’ your link would look something like this: (replace the hideme variable with your next_typeform_id

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let us know if you were able to follow John's suggestion and set up this logic, @TMo! I'm curious to check this form! 😉

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

It worked. Thanks!

It is somewhat annoying that my redirect also has utm parameters (e.g., utm_source, etc.) and if they are empty, it ends up redirecting with a bunch of underscores. I can do similar logic to check to see if the utm_source, etc. is not equal to empty string, but then that requires that I have a pretty messy redirect decision tree.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@TMo - do you have UTM tracking for everything outside of Typeform? if you don’t need it in your typeforms, toggle the setting off and that should reduce the headache.. 

just a thought.. 

des

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Not for everything, but for some things.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Make sure you share your survey when you're done with it, @TMo! We'd love to take a look at the final version and give you some feedback on it! 😉