Skip to main content
Question

Unpublished changes

• 21 June 2024
  • 7 replies

Hola hice varios cambios en la logica los cuales nunca publique… Resulta que los cambios no fueron necesarios y quisiera revertirlos. Es posible?

-- Google Translate -- 

Hello, I made several changes to the logic which I never published... It turns out that the changes were not necessary and I would like to revert them. It's possible?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JulioG Welcome to the community! The language of the community is English, so I hope you don’t mind my reply in English. 

The only way to revert changes would be to delete/undo the changes made by hand. I’m afraid we don’t have an undo button at this time. 

It's a shame it doesn't have that functionality. Maybe it is a point to improve, thank you very much for your attention.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@JulioG Totally understand! Adding an undo button is in the roadmap, just as a heads up! 😀

@Liz do you have any info on when this undo button is going to be released?

I am in a different situation. I’ve got a survey where we have some unpublished changes which we unintentionally made. It’s probably just one small thing, but we can’t seem to figure out what it is, so we can’t reverse it, and we don’t want to run the risk of just hitting publish and creating problems. An undo button would immediately solve this problem. Is there another way to handle this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@philfree It’s a great day to have posted here because version history (aka kind of an undo button) is live now!

@Liz Thanks for flagging this.

I’m trying to revert back to the last version of the form, and I’m warned that if I do this unpublished changes will be lost. This is, of course, exactly what I want. But when I go ahead with it, it doesn’t seem to work - I still seem to have unpublished changes afterwards. Or do I then need to hit publish so that the old version history is re-published?

A question about data… I assume that when I restore to previous version history data that I have collected since that version is not deleted, unless we’re backing up to a previous that had different questions or response options, right? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @philfree That...is a very good question. It might be worth having our support team take a look at it by contacting them here. I only suggest this because they can log into your account and see the form in the builder versus the live version. 

As for the data, you mean the response data, correct? (Ex, if you revert back to a version that removes a question that was already collecting data?)