Answered

UTMs not being passed to landing page - help

• 7 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi

i have UTMs in all of my links, but when someone makes an application on my typeform, after they get redirected to our call booking landing page the UTMs are being stripped from the URL. This means our call booking calendar form can’t track where the successful applicant came from.

im aware that typeform stores the UTM itself (and we have this setting turned on), but how can I ensure that the details are not stripped from the URL when it redirects the user at the end of the form?

We have code in Google tag manager that stops URLs being stripped of their UTMs across all other pages (which works), but whenever the embedded typeform is used, it seems to be ignored.

Any guidance would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Liz 7 March 2024, 17:52

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Stanmoor Would you mind sharing how you have the redirect URL setup in your typeform?Any screenshots you could share would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Hey Liz - I recorded you a video showing the issue here, thank you!

I wonder if it’s to do with the ‘urls to decorate’ bit, as typeform embed is in there?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh! I just watched your free course on Amazon FBA! 🤣

@Stanmoor In the redirect setting here in your form, do you have those UTM parameters passing out to the Calendly page? 

Haha that’s a coincidence - before I posted?!

How would I get the typeform to pick up the current UTM from the URL? Is that in a hidden field? Thanks a lot.

EDIT - I just tried what you said and it works perfectly. Thanks so much!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes! I think I watched it a week or so ago now, @Stanmoor . I’m on your email list! 😆

Glad to hear that worked! Let us know if there’s anything else we can help with. 😁

Haha mad! Thanks again :)