video guide

Passing UTM parameters from embedded typeforms

Passing UTM parameters from embedded typeforms
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Tech Community Advocate
  • 13103 replies

Want to pass data from Google Analytics into your embedded Typeform? Follow the steps below to pass UTM variables into your form. 

1. Make sure you have connected your typeform to Google Analytics. Check out our help center article for more info.

2. Go to Typeform Builder (Create Panel) and add two hidden fields to your form. Or, you can automatically turn on UTM tracking in your form settings: 

xeDy-uPBvj9bZivD5-owqXkAyfltOWr-TG_PLE5h9cFq1HGmUFNNlZEXzgrGzmIOwVpN8orDFi4CZDu3DW4xnF8nTaQIGsx5oSNKBjWlwfXHSlB_osKktKZNz4eqfEIMgu1ZPWo_

4. Publish the form so the changes are applied.

5. Now go to the Share panel and choose your preferred way of embedding the form.

6. Click on get the code and when the pop-up window appears copy the code.

kGZtvNOVLSo72bcBZ4HQWiT2XFMaPQNGy2npndkjJXTQtO3GVqMnBvvjSXqMH_onmNj-bY3OwBYPNOg-j0B9-oMVRMNbakcbaRT6tQDVXE3IWhNl8hfZyOUD7eV3U3wnjnB-5nvl

7. Paste it in your code editor.

IMPORTANT

Make sure your website URL has the parameters with the same name, that is, utm_source and utm_medium. It should look like this... 

dg7fAZt882gE5q_9tf2IIFUUGshaEhF_1EJWcOr_Z3ancbFF5BYxP8nj6f2BLn74VwFCGr-8NY8pfYMdI736-3WC07_4_s5SWnrRLOmQ3iK7twbvg7x36acO21ytyEyD3vUetRqE

9. Go to the embedded code snippet and add the following part to the code you pasted on your website - 

data-transferable-url-parameters="utm_source, utm_medium"

10. Try not to break the code. Add it after data-mode="your embed mode" or after the Typeform URL just as in the screenshot. It should look like this:

GkCzsA7KjzJQt6iLu5CFQDTRdGWg1cqRraL02HSiiQkQG4bqBnfdDGrwK85HIVfZsAI6qzaPp-A5E9s6EZtaW1W5A4A11Ucyw-Sbr8SMCVqzfBeLkq8pvLu1WcAmcu8I9vUdbl7P

All done, now head to your Google Analytics and it should show! 

29 replies

Hi @Liz  

My question is related to this one i think. if not, please update accordingly :) 

I want to use the Embed in web page with the option Popup with custom launch option “on page load”.

Any help on how to pass the UTL parameters?  

thank you in advance

Kypros

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Kypros - i think you need to be on the Business Plan level of typeform to be able to use that custom launch piece.. is that your current level?

des

Good morning @john.desborough 

Yes, I’m using a business plan.

My question is about passing the hidden field through URL

Hi! I got the code, but i still have doubts. Can you help me? 

<div data-tf-widget="ZNmJL2DL" data-tf-opacity="100" data-tf-iframe-props="title=Pre-form" data-tf-transitive-search-params data-tf-hidden="utm_source=,utm_medium=,utm_campaign=,utm_term=,utm_content=" style="width:100%;height:500px;"></div><script src="//embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js"></script>

I believe that my code is a little bit different from the example. How do I update the code the correctly to this following website: https://www.unicainstancia.com.br/