Webinar

Find out about Typeform's journey towards accessibility

• 18 May 2021
  • 5 replies
Find out about Typeform's journey towards accessibility
Userlevel 1

Hey community!

Nice to be here :slight_smile: I'm Yuri, and I work at Typeform as Senior Product Designer. I'm part of the team that has been working towards making Typeform accessible. I wanted to give you a quick heads-up on a community event that's happening on Thursday 20th May (which is Global Accessibility Awareness Day).

Typeform's journey towards accessibility has been long and complex. We have learned a lot along the way – and thanks to the great work we've done, we're now in a much stronger position in terms of being able to deliver a Typeform experience that is accessible to all.

This Thursday at 8AM EST I'll be joining Principal User Researcher Olga Hörding to share our journey. We'll revisit a talk we gave at Typeform's recent Meaningful event, where we discussed:

• What disability means
  • Typeform's accessibility journey—what have we been doing? To what extent can we say Typeform is accessible now? What's still left on the roadmap?
  • Our key takeaways - what we have learned about developing accessible products.

After we've replayed the session, Olga and I will be on hand to answer your questions about accessibility.

The event will be broadcast live on YouTube and you can find out more details here. Feel free to ask any questions ahead of time here if you can't make it live and we'll do our best to answer them live (we'll post the recording here afterwards).

Looking forward to sharing our story with you!

⭐⭐⭐ UPDATE - MAY 20th  ⭐⭐⭐

The event took place today – and as promised here is the recording where you can replay the whole thing:

Thanks so much to everyone who came along, we really appreciate it. If you have any questions or want to discuss anything related to what we talked about please use the comments below, we’d love to hear from you!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Yuri Really looking forward to joining you and Olga for this on Thursday. I’ve had a sneaky peek at the talk and it really is packed with some fantastic insights :bulb:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Yuri - this is good news .. great news in fact. I am looking forward to attending and finding out how I can better meet the needs of some of the folks who need accessibility embedded into solutions. 

cheers

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Really glad you’re doing this, @Yuri !! 

Tagging @Lauren Cape @The Caravan since they’ve been wondering about this for a while!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Great session today @Yuri and Olga… (you too @James ) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
john.desborough wrote:

Great session today @Yuri and Olga… (you too @James ) 

Thanks @john.desborough and thanks for your great question. In case you missed it, here’s that Help Center article I mentioned about How to create accessible typeforms. If you have any ideas for other materials you think you and other folks would find useful happy to add it to the pile!

And yes, thanks again @Yuri and Olga. Really impressed with both your presentation and the work you’re all doing :hugging:

Oooh, and I’ve now added the recording from today’s session to your post, Yuri :)