It's here! Our contact info question is now available 🎉

• 12 September 2022
  • 40 replies
It's here! Our contact info question is now available 🎉
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Tech Community Advocate
  • 13000 replies

Before I begin to tell you about this new feature, I think this one deserves a drum roll. Without further ado….

drumroll

Our contact info question is now available!

Many (many!) of you have been waiting for this feature, and you can all sleep well at night knowing that it’s possible to ask for contact information in the same question

This feature doesn’t need much explaining, so I’ll dive right into explaining how to add this block to your form in the video below: 

To use this question: 

1. Search or select the question by clicking the + button on the upper left corner of the builder. 

m46T3hJgJNIRTrwMIMbc-s8mq1i57-qTmE9DFqqsnrwOX6A04LlrtYdF9z7dTd4x2WmWgeJImrAHs-KmREDkOkpYoRs68uzCVWJ6WPEIYD-rdoI53JS4Lf37pHUoDypMV7XCpTLT0R2Lxo2cqx7MQwc0Q_142tAMd8g8PofNfoRfCOkyFcfmNs7HMQ

1. Next, choose which questions you would like to appear and which you’d like to be marked required.

MZ8APVfH9Ffp5rra7wOOigbMJKSVauyXX4qOyPBcPkzMzI-W78SmD0kDnkGBGtqcEHGJPzTHSXb4MO33kPV0bBpJD5biirPYRIZ453U9J1QFpKGTLW9v3n1xsO4dUA-NO_DDO_wm5qOGpVKdYKgfXqfC_4LiYNcnSNd8HpEqLMpcbsYDmVz2T0INJg

1. Finally, be sure to publish your typeform so the changes are live!

WImlB5DTTSD-KcMGxescYNKV-wqAlJp24pBUVQZmlQ7z2XzkdSNQhEIg8ioNXOf1phgiLWsW0sZ3EPHvfWyF5xWNHlyal7oabQjFJtMZzjX0BKz9jVUemQxgNS35NwFzVQBa7pMiRMSA8NioUiGEu9N7ptTM2jRdPrrTpxm97rfS_wgzVRLnXWE1Ww

Learn more about this block and the other question types available in our Help Center article here

As always, let us know how you use this field on your forms and if you have any feedback. 

40 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - started already lol.. going through a bunch of forms since i noticed this last week and trying to figure out the prioritization on updating about 85+forms with this new block 

yay!!!

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh, this is huge! So many creators have asked for that in the past months! Thanks for sharing, @Liz

Tagging some users that might be interested on this: @Mikkel @Darnell @daniel @belinda_long @Michael.Tanriyo @lolomotte @GWatBU @cofynd @Dan Dascalescu @FJB @Lien @armun @talon256 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Liz @Gabi Amaral nothing to say but…

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Liz @Gabi Amaral nothing to say but…

😂🤣

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Userlevel 1

Thank you for the great addition! 

Could you please also add the Question for Data Privacy to the contact info?

Otherwise we need (at least in Germany) still to ask one more Question

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @btech Oh, that’s a good point. I’ll share this feedback with the product team!

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Liz  GREAT idea. Question: you know how facebook ads forms have “auto fill” the form. It would be great if both: this can be used on FB itself [and all major social media too ] and it autofill - and - importantly even as one uses this with clients, if there are several (or one) auto-fill option, because let’s face it - most people do Not want to tediously fill in forms [and may bounce]. [3] Also another extra option is if they can press a button (e.g. google log in or FB login and/or linkedin Login , etc - so it another way to grab info perhaps?!) ideas! Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@btech Our product team said this is on their radar to add! No projected date (so it could be a while), but know it’s coming!

@Brain Yeah, that’s a great point! I’ll share this too. 😀

I may be losing my mind, but I saw the option for contact Info yesterday, and now it’s suddenly gone? 

Am I missing something? 

Not seeing the option for new Contact Info question.

I’m in Australia.

Am I going crazy?!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Could there also be a tickbox or yes/no added for ‘would you like to receive our monthly newsletter’ etc

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Mark_SIBO @hellofelix  - i’m  seeing it here in Canada.. maybe due to the rollout of features in diff geographies?? 

not sure… 

des

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Not seeing the option for new Contact Info question.

I’m in Australia.

Am I going crazy?!

I’m in Aus & it’s coming up in my forms – maybe have another squiz today? They may have taken it down for a hot minute

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Sooo excited about this! Rolling 3-4 questions into one, yay 😎 Gonna add this badboy to my Toolkit Tuesday newsletter this week! Cheers for the heads up @Gabi Amaral 🙌🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Graham Cox and @Mark_SIBO are you still missing the contact info field? 

I don’t see a way to make “contact info” a required question in my survey. Is this intentional? 

Edit - found it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@zoeshank - i think the field level requirement exists (see the image below - the ‘asterisks’ on the right side) but not at the question level

if you make one of the fields (at minimum) required, the question becomes ‘required’

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Graham Cox and @Mark_SIBO are you still missing the contact info field? 

No, I can see it and just set it up on a quiz. Looks great. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad to hear, @Graham Cox !

Userlevel 1

We had started evaluating other forms, as collecting the contact info was so tedious with Typeform. This is a game changer and we will continue to use Typeform. So happy to see this new feature! Now if only we could get an “Address” block….

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Paawan Ah!! Glad to hear it!! 

https://media.giphy.com/media/o75ajIFH0QnQC3nCeD/giphy.gif

Let us know how the contact info field works for you! And we’ll keep you posted if an address block is on the way. 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi again, @Paawan ! Our product team just let me know they are working on an address block as we speak! Keep your eyes peeled on the community for updates on this feature. 😀

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Liz When will the Contact Info Question be added as a response on the Typeform API?