VIDEOASK GUIDE

How to Collect Testimonials using VideoAsk šŸŽž

How to Collect Testimonials using VideoAsk šŸŽž
Userlevel 3

Hey community,Ā Jeremy here from the VideoAsk support teamĀ šŸ˜„

Are you thinking about using VideoAsk to collect feedback or testimonials from your customers, but youā€™re not sure where to start? Itā€™s a question we see pop up a lot here on the VideoAsk support team, especially with new users, so Iā€™ve put together a tutorial to show you how you can create a quick and easy videoask to help you get startedĀ šŸš€

Ā 

First up, letā€™s take a look at what weā€™ll be creating:

Ā 

Ā 

Now we know what the videoask will look like, letā€™s dive in to the set up:

Ā 

Ā 

Once youā€™ve created your videoask, itā€™s time to start sharing.Ā Hereā€™s a quick walkthrough of the basics of sharing your videoask:

Ā 

Ā 

Once you get more comfortable with creating videoasks you might want to start experimenting with how you create your videos, and at what point in the customer journey you are sharing your videoasks. Hopefully youā€™ll start to see some great results and be able to gather authentic feedback that you can use to grow your businessĀ šŸ’œ

Ā 

Hereā€™s the videoask I created, feel free to click through andĀ check out the respondent experience (itā€™s set to preview mode so answers wonā€™t be submitted)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• This videoask features the open-ended and multiple choice answer types - you can learn more about the different answer types availableĀ here.
    Ā 
  • The videoask also includes a contact form which allows you to collect contact details from your respondents.
    Ā 
  • The contact form hasĀ the consent checkbox activated - this is helpful if you need to include information about how youā€™ll be using the feedback you are collecting, or link to your terms and conditions. Learn more about adding aĀ  consent checkbox here.

Ā 

šŸ’¬Ā Let us know if you have any questions about using VideoAsk to collect feedback and testimonials, weā€™d love to know if youā€™ve tried it and what your feedback is!

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jkmortonĀ - love this.. thank you!

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Great guide for getting started thanks @jkmorton! Looking forward to seeing how people put this into practice!Ā 

Badge +5

This is an ace guide. BravoĀ @jkmortonĀ !Ā 

Userlevel 1

Would love to learn more about how folks are managing many testimonial videos in terms of organizing/ tagging- any tips to share?

Ā 

This was a great step by step guide on how to se it but. But all in all, do you have any best practices for using Videoask for testimonials?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @ThyraĀ thanks for stopping by!

Weā€™ve been revamping filters and tags this year, so you might find the newĀ auto-taggingĀ feature useful if youā€™re getting lots of responses come through - and hopefully the new filtering system can help you organize your testimonials further.Ā 

In terms of best practices, weā€™re working on some more articles that dive deeper into testimonial collection so watch this space!Ā šŸ¤“

Userlevel 1

Hello!

Iā€™m really keen to hear if there is a ā€œtestimonial wallā€ which can be shared/published/embedded to show off these testimonials. Ā Similar to what bonjoro offersĀ (and others). Ā So far I've managed to create an embed of "all interactions" from a testimonial template, but the way this is displayed is very strange: just a box with circles for each testimonial, which looks pretty poor/strange and takes some clicks to view or play back a testimonial.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Andri SĀ welcome to the community!Ā 

Great feedback, thank you for sharing this example of a ā€œtestimonial wallā€ it would be cool to create something like this using videoask responses.Ā 

I think youā€™re describing sharing the inbox/sharing all interactions which does mean clicking through each response - this can be embedded on a webpageĀ but might not be what youā€™re looking for.

Another suggestion is to embed a clickable gif for your responses, we have quick guide on how to set this up over here:

Ā 

Iā€™ll definitely pass this along to our product team, weā€™re always looking for ways to improve the experienceĀ šŸ˜Š

Userlevel 1

Hi @GraceĀ and thanks for the super-speedy response!

Thatā€™s indeed exactly what Iā€™d love to have. Ā I currently use an integration called ā€œHoistā€ to record andĀ embed testimonials on my site wrkshp.eu and it works quite well. Ā Iā€™ve love to move everything over to Videoask and Typeform (which I already use).

A clean, logical-to-navigate, embeddable iframe would be just perfect. Ā The solution you shared is a good start but is obviously quite ā€œmanualā€ and Iā€™m looking to automate things as much as possible (i.e. new testimonials would auto-populate), and keepĀ things low-to-no code,Ā especially because I work on my own. Ā I could of course download each video from VideoAsk and re-upload to my existing solution but again thatā€™s an extra step or two, and Iā€™m looking to streamline things where I can.

I love what Videoask offers (the VideoAsk recording embed is very nice looking)Ā but I reckon Iā€™llĀ have to wait until such a feature is on offer to get on board. Ā If ever Videoask would like to beta-test such a productĀ Iā€™m up for that. Ā 

p.s. I sent a question to support but have sent another to let them know youā€™ve answered it already :)

Thanks again,

Andri

Userlevel 1

oh let me add that the cauliflower quote is great šŸŒ

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

HiĀ @GraceĀ and thanks for the super-speedy response!

Thatā€™s indeed exactly what Iā€™d love to have. Ā I currently use an integration called ā€œHoistā€ to record andĀ embed testimonials on my site wrkshp.eu and it works quite well. Ā Iā€™ve love to move everything over to Videoask and Typeform (which I already use).

A clean, logical-to-navigate, embeddable iframe would be just perfect. Ā The solution you shared is a good start but is obviously quite ā€œmanualā€ and Iā€™m looking to automate things as much as possible (i.e. new testimonials would auto-populate), and keepĀ things low-to-no code,Ā especially because I work on my own. Ā I could of course download each video from VideoAsk and re-upload to my existing solution but again thatā€™s an extra step or two, and Iā€™m looking to streamline things where I can.

I love what Videoask offers (the VideoAsk recording embed is very nice looking)Ā but I reckon Iā€™llĀ have to wait until such a feature is on offer to get on board. Ā If ever Videoask would like to beta-test such a productĀ Iā€™m up for that. Ā 

p.s. I sent a question to support but have sent another to let them know youā€™ve answered it already :)

Thanks again,

Andri

Hey @Andri SĀ I completely agree, if you areĀ collecting lots of testimonials, being able to automate the process would be super helpful. Thank you for providing the additional information I will include all this in the feature request.Ā 

Weā€™re starting a VideoAsk Feedback Club soon, you can sign up over here, so feel free to join if youā€™re interested - Iā€™m not sure if something like this will end up on the road map but it would be great to have your input!Ā 

And glad you like the cauliflower quote, made me laughĀ šŸ˜„