Answered

Adding a 'read more' in the endings

• 24 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi, 

I’ve been trying to figure this out and so fat can’t find an answer. 

I have multiple endings each with a lot of content. The content would be too overwhelming to the reader so I want to create a ‘read more’ function whereby I have the main bullet points and the rest of the text hidden so the reader has the chance to get more information if they need it. 

I don’t need to redirect them to another site, I simply want the opportunity to expand the the text information if needed. 

Any help to do this would be greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks, 

Ollie

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 25 October 2023, 13:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Otwizell This would be a cool feature to have! We don’t have this in our forms, so hyperlinking to the text elsewhere would be the best workaround. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @Otwizell 

just a thought - i know you mentioned not sending them to another site, BUT you could create a followup typeform that they could be routed to if they choose to read more.. 

simply create a statement page as the ‘read more’ typeform and have the page load if the user chooses ot read more. 

just a thought

des

@Liz Thank you for your reply. Is there any chance this could be a feature added? I’m sure I’m not the only one who would benefit from this option.

@john.desborough Thank you for your reply also. I’m not sure I fully understood your suggestion. Do you have a link on what a statement page is and how to set one up? My concern would be that I currently have in excess of 70 different endings so would I need 70 different statement pages? As you could imagine, I don’t want to me creating 70 different URL’s. 

Thanks, Ollie

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Otwizell - a statement page is a type of question/page available to you in typeform. it just presents info to users. 

and yes it would require the additional work or logic rules.. but once done it can be reused. 

des

Thanks @john.desborough Much appreciated.