Answered

"All Answers" not displaying all answers

Badge

The background:

I’ve put together a fairly complicated Typeform, which is in part gathering info and in part acting as a form of digital agreement.

I used to use paper agreements, and have made some of the sections that had bullet points into a “matrix” style question with an “I agree” column (and all are required.) Within the form, it looks great.

I’ve set up notifications to go to me and to the respondent, which is going to act as a written record of what they’ve agreed to.  In both, I’m using the @All Answers tag.

So, here’s my issue:

In the email received by myself and the respondent, not all answers are included.  Most are, including some, but not all, of my Matrix-style questions.  I can’t figure out why some from one section are included in the email, while an identical question-type with the same settings but different rows wasn’t included.  Is it because there are too many rows in the question? (The one that got included in the email had fewer rows.)

To clarify:  I did a test entry as the respondent, and Yes, those questions were not skipped due to logic and I did answer them.  They just weren’t included in the notification email.

icon

Best answer by Liz 10 November 2021, 20:55

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @northernedge Happy Monday! I hope you’re doing well over there. Is it primarily the matrix questions that aren’t appearing in the notification emails? Or other question types, too? 

Badge

@Liz Yes, it’s just the matrix-style questions that don’t appear -- two of them do, and the others do not.

I tried lowering the number of rows in each to 5, still no dice -- the two that do appear have 3 rows and 4 rows.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wow, that is weird, @northernedge . Do you mind sharing the URL of the form and which questions aren’t showing in the notifications? 

Badge

Sure thing @Liz ,

Here is the form: https://northernedgealgonquin.typeform.com/to/Iw078DPg 

The answers in the entire section “Retreat Services Agreement” are not being send to us or the respondent.  In the next section, “Pricing, registration, and accommodations”, the matrix-style questions are sending in the responses as intended.

Thanks for your help!

Tim

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @northernedge Thank you! It’s strange that one section is sending, but the other isn’t. The only other thing I can think of - have all the changes to your form been published? You’ll know if the changes aren’t published because the publish button will be black instead of gray. 

I’m also asking our support team in the meantime if they’ve seen a similar situation and/or have any idea why this would be happening. 

Badge

Yes, it’s strange @Liz !

I can confirm everything is published.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @northernedge Our support team took a peek at the form for me, and they’re seeing that changes to the form haven’t been published yet. Could you click the publish button to be sure those changes are live and then try submitting a result to the form to see if that updates the notifications? Thanks!

Badge

@Liz  must’ve just been a small edit I made - I published again and that did not update the notifications issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Shoot, I was hoping that would work! I’m going to have our support team help with this one, as they have the ability to log into accounts to test this further. I’ve escalated this to them, so if you don’t hear back, please let me know. 

Me esta pasando exactamente lo mismo, no se qué hacer, no me aparecen todas las respuestas.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Brenda Thanks for stopping by! The language of the community is English, so I hope you don’t mind my reply in English. 

Could you send some screenshots/more information? This will help see if we can narrow down the issue. 

Thanks!