Answered

anonymity in respondents

• 17 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Absolute noob here.  I see similar questions/answers, but just want to make sure I understand correctly.  My company will soon be going live with our first survey *ever*  There will be an introductory email from the President to all the potential respondents.  The email will contain the link to the survey. 

It’s a sensitive survey, so if we cannot guarantee anonymity, we may get zero responses.  But the catch is that the Prez wants to make sure that everyone the survey is sent to responds.  I don’t see how really we can do that and maintain anonymity.   Pulling my hair our over here.  Thank you for your help! 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 17 November 2021, 20:56

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @januwine Don’t worry, we’ve all been noobs here at one point! :grinning:

Our forms won’t collect any information you don’t ask, so as long as you don’t ask for personal information, the form stays anonymous. Though, there isn’t really a way to know who filled out the form while having it remain anonymous since you would need to ask for their information or pass it into the form via hidden fields. 

I know that’s not terribly helpful, but I think you’d have to decide whether or not you want the respondents to share their information or not. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@januwine @Liz - if you are sending it out of a CRM system, most of them will track email open and link click. That would at least give you a way to track back on how many folks (including who) opened the email and then clicked the link to the form. 

That way if you send it to a population of 400 and 360 opened the email (per the CRM reporting) and of those 320 clicked the link to the form (per the CRM reporting) you would have an idea of how many folks have gone to the form. 

Typeform will record the number of submissions of the form - hopefully in the example so far, 320 of them 

you would need to manually reconcile your numbers from the reports. 

What you could in the crm system is assign a tag to the people who open the email ie ‘survey_email_opened’ and again for those who clicked the link to the typeform ie ‘survey_link_clicked’

at this point you still have no clue if they completed the form or not … just that they went there.. (ok if you know who opened and clicked the link and the number of link clicks = the number of typeform submissions you know who responded… ) 

you could then have the crm system send an email to all the folks in the target population who do not have both of the defined tags ie they may not have opened the email, they may have opened the email but not clicked the link - i would send the email out with the addresses on the bcc line so that know one knows that this is a limited distribution. 

and track it again.. 

you can continue this until you have 400 opens, 400 clicks and 400 responses. the responses are anonymous but you know the population has responded. 

just my thoughts when i need another coffee.. 

des

@Liz @Des…..thank you so much….that gives me a lot to think on…..in fact, it may be that my brain just imploded.     A third cup of coffee is on its way as we speak…...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

HAHAHA I hope you still have your brain intact, @januwine ! I’m heading to my second cup coffee...let’s all hope for the best! :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - slacker.. you are behind!! at least two (maybe four) cups.. 

@januwine - don’t let it implode.. just let the feeling wash over you like inner peace lol.. oh wait.. that’s the caffeine… lol. 

Obi Wan Caffeinoki, you are my only hope……

thank you both again!