Answered

Are the answers in a form always anonymous?

• 6 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello guys, dear Typeform community!

I want to create a Quiz on Typeform but I don’t know if the answers are anonymos. Because in my case I DON’T want the answers anonymous. I want to see who was first and secound place.. and so on. Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 6 February 2021, 16:20

View original

5 replies

Badge +5

Welcome to our community, @Demianleo ! Gabriel from the community team speaking. I'm actually not an expert in building typeforms (you know the saying, the shoemaker's son always walks barefoot 😅). 

As far as I'm aware though responses are anonymous unless you ask respondents to tell your their names. So you can start with... "First thing first, what's your name dear friend? ". This way you will make sure you know who is who. 

There are quite a few talented folks in the community like @Currently Jason @john.desborough or @michael_scott  who can speak from experience and tell you how to best tackle this. 

Happy Saturday! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Demianleo @Gabriel 

From what I have been building out and trying to do something similar, though not exactly using the quiz structure, if you want to be able to identify the user in your data set, then you need to be able to track them somehow: Techniques that I have used/explored to do this are:

• as @Gabriel described, asking someone for their name in a question at the start of the quiz (you can use this on subsequent pages to personalize the questions too)
  • ask people to provide an email address as well/instead of a name so that you can track them
  • when i send out email to people to test/try out the typeform, i use a ‘hidden field’ approach to customize the link that is in their email, that provides their email address into the form as a hidden field, so that i can know who came from the email. Caution on this one - if someone shares that email and other people come to do the survey/quiz from that link in the email, i get multiple responses from the same email address (it doesn’t change dynamically from user to user). In this case, I ask people to confirm their email address by showing the one that i have in a yes/no confirmation question - if no, not the right email, then it goes to an enter your best email question. 
  • there are other more advanced methods that i have not explored that use the APIs from Typeform that the others may have used, but I will leave it to brighter minds to respond there. 

that would give you the ability to look in the results to find the rankings or integrate the Typeform with Google Sheets or Excel to give you simple ways to look at your results

cheers

Badge +5

Thanks for that great response, Des! I think also learned something 🦉

Hello everyone :)

Is it possible to track the responders?

I need an Excel file with the list of people who responded to my survey.

Thank you for replying back.

Cecilia

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ceciliacentini. Welcome to the Typeform Community! :hugging:

I moved your question here where @john.desborough has shared some great options to identify respondents. :) Hope this helps!