Answered

Big disparity between responses and submissions

• 16 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I’ve seen other threads with this question but not really a solid answer even though they’re marked as resolved!

We’ve been running ad campaigns to a landing page with a Typeform embedded in to gather leads, but can see a huge number of differences between the response number and the submissions number. We’ve not deleted any completed forms at all, so no idea why there would be a difference. 

Is it possible to retrieve these lost leads? The monetary value of them is large and this is a massive leak in data. Picture below!

Many thanks,
Rylan

icon

Best answer by Liz 16 November 2021, 22:51

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SOUP As noted in your other post, the main reason this difference happens is when responses are deleted. If responses are deleted, they will still show under ‘submissions’ but not under the ‘responses’ tab. 

If this doesn’t seem to be the case for you, I would suggest contacting our support team directly from your account email here so they can look at the backend for you. 

Ah ok thanks Liz - we’ve not been using the account long and there’s a difference of 29!

I’ll submit a ticket to the support team, do you know how long it takes for them to get back to us? I don’t want to drive traffic to the form if there’s any issues with it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SOUP It depends on which plan you have, but overall, they should get back to you within at least 24 hours. If they don’t, please let me know!

Hello,

I have a difference between submissions (43) and responses (32), and i have not deleted any responses. Can you please help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @sapedro1! Hope you're having a nice Monday! 

The answer to your question is on this thread. If responses are deleted, they will show under ‘submissions’ but not under the ‘responses’ tab.

If you haven't deleted any responses though, I suggest you get in touch with our Support team over here to understand what's going on in your account! 

Let me know what they reply!