Answered

Can I categorise answers per country automatically?

• 22 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello, 

I would like to send a survey to over 30,000 people. These people are from different countries. I will send the survey through Mailchimp where we have our contacts, and these contacts are organised per country.

I would like to organise the information we gather in categories. One category per country. Is there a way to do this quickly, not manually?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 22 September 2023, 18:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@catarinafonseca - if you are sending it out to users, where you already know their country, you could add that to the url  and use  a hidden variable inside your typeform to capture the country 

ie create a hidden variable called v_country as a text type

publish the form and share the url

you will see  the url to the form with the following at the end “….v_country=xxxxxx”

in mailchimp, you need to replace the url to the user with the appropriate field identifier  ie {{subscriber.country}} in place of the xxxxx string… (not a mailchimp user so don’t know the details on that.. but you should be able to discover) 

now you have a field that will be part of the data submitted that you can use to filter your data (especially if you connect the typeform to google sheets… ) just a thought.. 

des

Hi John, 

Thank you for your answer. 

This sounds a bit tricky. Is there an easier way? For instance, our categories are already created on Mailchimp (1 category = 1 country). We want to create 5 surveys (all the same), but send it separately, 1 for each country. 

Could we create 5 typeforms, attribute 1 typeform link to 1 email on Mailchimp? (5 total emails, 1 per category). And then can we compare the results of the 5 different surveys?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@catarinafonseca - sounds feasible.. but i would suggest connecting each typeform to a google sheet (you could infact have all of them pushing data into the same google sheet, on different tabs, and do your comparison in google sheets. 

just a thought.. 

des