Answered

Can I give a name to each question of my survey?

• 8 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I created a survey where I have 4 identical questions, with different answers. Thanks to logic jumps, the respondent will land on one of the questions and won’t see the others, which is great. However, when I send data to a google sheet, it’s very hard to me to identify the questions, because the header of the four columns are exactly the same. Also, those header are quite long and I don’t like that.

So my question is: is it possible to give a short remote name to each one of my question, so that the respondent won’t see it, but I do?

I hope my question is clear :)

thank you, 

Sabrina

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 9 March 2021, 12:33

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @visualitics.it. Welcome to the Typeform Community! :hugging:

Your question is completely clear, but I'm afraid I wouldn't have any workarounds for Google Sheets at the moment. For more visibility, you might want to share this feedback as a suggestion in this thread here: 

We'll be happy to hear your thoughts! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@visualitics.it  - from a user here.. 

I have a similar issue on a few typeforms that I am working on. However, what i did with Google Sheets was to deal with the fact that the first tab has the long field names BUT i mapped them to fields with shorter more useable names on a second tab and set up the second tab to capture the data from new survey input as it arrives

This allows me to do a whole whack of transforms, etc on the second page and to drive my reporting off that page. 

It does require a small investment of time in understanding the relationship between the questions in the typeform and which column in the target data entry tab in the google sheet but once done you have all the details on other tabs. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Great workaround, @john.desborough !

I noticed the long names as well, @visualitics.it . Thanks for asking the question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ahhh, that's awesome @john.desborough! Thanks so much for sharing this workaround, you're a start ⭐️

Userlevel 1

@john.desborough thank you for sharing this solution, I think right now it is the best (or the only) one!

However, I’m also going to follow @Mariana’s suggestion and post this feedback on the thread, as I think remote names could be useful in other situations as well.

Thank you all for your help!