Answered

Can I notify only the respondents who get fo one Ending and not the others?

• 24 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

I built a typeform with multiple Endings possible, depending on the answers of the respondent. I want to notify only the respondents who finish the form in one specific Ending.

Many thanks for any help about this, I can’t find the answer in the Help Center or here !

Best,

Zaina

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 24 June 2021, 20:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Zaina thanks for joining the community! :grinning: We just created a Workspace Invaders post that has a similar setup for this using Zapier and Gmail. 

Would this work for you? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Zaina - welcome to the community from another user. 

@Liz mentions a really good solution for this in the link above. 

There is another way you could do this with Google Sheets, using an add-on like Document Studio to help you with email (and sending dynamically created documents converted to pdf as attachments). 

here’s one way to do it:

• create a text variable called v_endings
  • on the last page of your typeform BEFORE the submit button, use a logic jump/rule to replace the the v_endings with a value that indicates which ending page you are sending them to. Let’s say that you have 3 endings related to scores as follows: 1-2, 3-4, 5-6 and you only want to follow up with folks who score 5 or 6: the logic would go something like this
    • if score is greater than or equal to 5, replace v_endings with ‘hgh’
    • if score is greater than 3 and less than 5, replace v_endings with ‘medium’
    • if score is less than 3, replace v_endings with ‘low’
    • if sore is greater than or equal to 5 jumpto ending A
    • if score is greater than 3 and less than 5 jumpto ending B
    • if score is less than 3 jump to ending C
  • when the user hits submit, on this the last question, the user will go to the appropriate ending page
  • when the user hits submit, all the field and variable data would get recorded in typeform but also put into Google Sheets, including the variables and their value
  • in google sheets, you now have the ability to create an email or report based on all the records where the value in the V_endings column = high
  • you can use Document Studio to send a custom email out to only IF the value in the appropriate field meets the correct criteria. 

this way you can use a native integration from Typeform without having to use an automation tool like Zapier or Integromat if you chose not to do so. 

just a thought. 

des