Answered

Can I somehow separate answers in forms

• 23 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I have a question regarding forms that I use in a course on Mighty Networks. I have several courses where I use the same form. This is causing me some problems to separate the answers when several participants answer in the same form. 

Is there anyway I can separate them without having them write their names? Or do I need to fix different links to the form, if that is possible?

Best regards,
Helahl

icon

Best answer by Liz 24 March 2022, 22:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Helahl Welcome to the community! I can’t quite remember how the embed option in Mighty Networks works, so do you mind sharing how you’re adding the forms to the courses? I think you could use a hidden field to pass course information into the form (instead of having to build multiple forms), but I want to be sure that what I’m saying is accurate!

Hi Liz, and thank you!

I add the form via the link that I can copy here on Typeform and just paste it into the course section.

The hidden field sounds very interesting! I was thinking of them having to add the name of their company but I don´t feel that is the right way. They will probably be frustrated to have to do that every time they use the form, and it is quite a few times that they have to do that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh, I see! In that case, it should be relatively easy to use hidden fields. 

To do this: 

1. First, you’ll need to add a hidden field to your form, and then be sure to publish the changes.
  2. Then, the URL of your form should look something like this: 

www.hello.typeform.com/to/asidhfd?hiddenfield=xxxx

1. Where the bolded portion is in the URL is where you’ll want to enter the data. For example, if you’re pasting this link on your “Cooking” course page, you’d remove the x’s and replace it with whatever keyword would remind you of the cooking course. On the next course page, you would repeat, removing the x’s and replacing it with the course keyword you want to use. 

If you have any troubles setting this up, let me know!

As for the piece about the company, is this the student’s information? 

Thank you so much Liz!

I will try to add this to all the forms and hope it works then!

Don´t understand what you mean about student information…. I have several companies that take the same course. I need to separate the answers from each other so that I will know who has answered what. So I guess it is kind of a student information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Helahl I would suggest adding identifying information into the form then, such as a name or email question, so you know who answered the form.