Skip to main content

I am using a two-question survey. I am having trouble reconciling the high completion rate (98%) and the high drop off rate. The drop off rate is 25% for the first question then 52% for the second question. I do not understand how the completion rate can be high with such high drop off rates as well. Would someone be able to help explain?

Hi @jenshannon Could you share a screenshot of the data you’re looking at? Thanks in advance!

Hey @jenshannon don’t forget to share a screenshot so we can take a look and try to help 😊

Hi everyone I will suggest that completion rate and drop-off rate, Those are important metrics to consider when analyzing user behavior. Completion rate refers to the percentage of users who successfully complete a specific action or task. For example, if you have a form on a website and 80 out of 100 visitors fill out and submit the form, the completion rate would be 80%.

On the other hand, drop-off rate represents the percentage of users who abandon or " drop off " a process or task before completing it. This could be related to various user actions like leaving a webpage, abandoning a purchase or exiting a survey midway. Drop-off rate is calculation rate from 100%.

Both completion rate and drop-off rate provide insights into user engagement and can help identify areas of improvement. By analyzing these metrics, businesses can Optimize processes, identify pain points and enhance user experience.