Answered

Deleting responses

• 18 February 2021
  • 7 replies

Hello everyone, 

If I mark a number of answers regarding a specific question, under the tab “Responses” and then press the delete button, will the entire survey responses be deleted or only the responses regarding the specific question? 

The reason why I ask if because I forgot to include a logic jump in the first question. My first question makes sure that my responders are part of my intended population and therefore eligible to answer my survey. Everyone who answered “no” to my first question were supposed to be redirected to the final goodbye screen. However I forgot to include this logic jump, therefore I have a total of 24 ineligible responses and I would like to delete all of these results. 

icon

Best answer by Liz 18 February 2021, 19:23

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Erik ! Thanks for dropping by and great question. When you delete a response, it deletes the entire response. We don’t currently have a way to delete only an answer from a response, but I’ll note this suggestion! :grinning:

Hi Liz,

Thank you very much, deleting the entire responses was what I wanted! 

Hello again @Liz! I did delete the responses but they are still apart of my “Response summary”, is there any way to remove them from this section? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Erik ah perfect! Glad that worked for you. While it won’t clear the data from the response summary, I can note the suggestion for you!

Hi,

is this solved?

I also would like to delete a few reponses that my colleagues submitted when I was testing the survey. It’s not nice that we cannot delete these “test /unwanted responses” from the insights tab

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @rafaellima0 This article here can walk you through how to delete responses. 😁 As noted above, it won’t remove the data from the Insights tab. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@rafaellima0 - just a suggestion that I make to my clients when we build and deploy typeforms:  create the form and test the heck out of it. when you are ready to release it, create a duplicate and release that one into production - the test data won’t be there (other than maybe one record or two to make sure your duplication works properly.. as opposed to 40 or 50 during the development and testing) 

that may not work for you, but it is one way that has worked for others. 

des