Answered

discrepancy between submissions and responses

• 23 October 2021
  • 5 replies

In the results of my survey is a discrepancy between submissions (29) and responses (18)?

Is this a typeform mistake or is there a difference between submissions and responses that I am not understanding? Thank you for helping me out here.

icon

Best answer by Liz 25 October 2021, 19:18

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @elle b Welcome to the community! Did you happen to delete any responses?

Hi Liz. Thank you.

It appeared like this the first time I opened it. 

To be concrete: it was 28 submissions and 18 responses when I opened the results the first time. 
Then I filled it out myself to check what was going on. My response brought submissions and responses up to 29 and 19. Then I deleted my own entry and landed at 29 submissions and 18 responses as you can see in the screenshot. But I have not deleted any other entries. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @elle b It sounds like the data is working correctly. The only time this number differs is when responses have previously been deleted. Did you happen to test the form and delete those responses before sending the form to respondents? 

If you think it might be a bug, I would then suggest contacting our support team here from the email address on your account directly to get further help with this. 

Ah yes. Of course. I tested it and deleted the results before sending it to the client. 

Makes sense. Thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That would explain it, @elle b ! Let me know if you think of any other questions. :grinning: