Answered

Duplicate form, different links, notification from separate link?

I have designed a typeform that helps my customers determine what discounts they are entitled to, and then sends them to the correct landing page to purchase a service at a particular price, and reports when the form has been completed by sending an email to me. I duplicated this form and assigned different names to each duplicate form, published each duplicate and created a separate link for it. I provided each unique, separate link to one of my sales reps so that when a customer completes the typeform, I would know which sales rep was responsible for getting the customer to complete the form. 

PROBLEM:  ALL of the responses I receive in my email inbox are labeled with the name of the original form, rather than with the name of the individual to whom I assigned the duplicate form link.  It appears that the only way I can know which link the customer clicked on to go to the form (i.e. who did the referring, so I can reward them) is to manually check the Workspaces site, see the results for each rep and compare them to my master list.

Can anyone help me come up with a more automated solution?  THANK YOU!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 4 July 2021, 01:21

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Cindi - welcome to the community from another user

this answer may seem to simplistic BUT on each of the different forms, create a variable, call it salesrep, and populate that variable with the rep’s name. 

when the form is submitted you will have the rep’s name AND you can also embed it in the email if you want as a value

that’s the quickest way i know

des

Just want to make sure I understand: you mean instead of putting in: “Thanks for your interest in joining Ascend Training by Stenograph!  What’s your first name?” I should put in something like “Your rep, Yolanda Thomas, appreciates your interest in joining Ascend Training by Stenograph!” And then in the email, I’d get the same text?  That *would* be an easy solution!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

there are a couple of ways to do that; 

like you said - if you want to ensure that the client see the rep name in the form and then in the response, then yes - you could also cc or bcc the sales rep as well on the email back to the client

if YOU want to know who the sales rep is without having to put it into the form content or email, you can create a variable like in the image below for the salesrep and then into the email notification to you (second image below)

you need to replace (or ensure) the notification line is to your email address and you can also add an additional email address that is hard coded in there as well ie your sales rep. 

note at the bottom of the form i added the sales rep variable to the email in addition to all answers, to be sure i got the details in an email. 

does that help?? or make it muddier?

That helps a lot, thank you!  There are some features that I was unaware of; probably because Typeform was my solution to a problem with a different application and so I haven’t really explored what else I can do with Typeform. I‘m sure I only use a tiny fraction of its capabilities!

For this particular form, I think I’ll keep it simple: it will be fine to acknowledge the sales rep in the thanks, I don’t need to hide it, and I don’t need to send an email to more than one address (my sales reps don’t want to know each time someone completes the form, because the form doesn’t always lead to someone purchasing the service, and they don’t care unless they get credit for a purchase). I use another program to track that easily. However, I’m glad to know those options are there, because that ability might be necessary down the road. 

Thank you - this simple solution is going to make my auditing process a LOT easier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Cindi - pleasure mine… happy forming!

des