Answered

Dynamic UTM Tracking on responses

Hi,

If i pass a dynamic value through the follow UTM parameters will they appear on the responses in Typeform? 

An example of a url that ill be using is “example.com/?utm_source=google-ads&utm_campaign={_campaignname}&utm_term={keyword}“

By enabling the UTM parameters on my form will they dynamically populate with the relevant info that is passed through in the url? utm_campaign & utm_term will change depending on each click and where it originates from. 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Liz 22 April 2022, 15:51

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Caldf Happy Friday! As long as the values are set correctly, yes! For example, if you’re sending respondents to a direct Typeform link from Google, that data should automatically populate. 

Though, if you have the form embedded, be sure to check out this article here on passing hidden fields into embedded forms so the UTM parameters pass in. 

Badge

Hi! I want to add gclid (google click id) to hidden field. My typeform is mmbed in a web page (full screen).

I’ve created a field, also created a script which can write gclid to cookie and second one which can set it to “data-tf-hidden” attribute on page load.

I’ve try to make a test and I see that my scripts vorking properly, but I’ve received empty field in typeform.

May be you have some solution for me? Help pls!

Best regards!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jerome Bstl Happy Friday! I added your post here where we have some resources that may help you. Let us know if this doesn’t solve the issue!

Badge

Hi @Liz Thanks. I’ve read this article before, but not sure if this working with all parameters in url or only utms - google click id passed in gclid= parameter

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jerome Bstl Could you send the URL where you have the form embedded so we can take a look at what you have setup? 

Badge

Here it is:
https://www.slidor.fr/contact

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@mathio do you happen to know if anything in the code in the URL above might be affecting the issue? I notice, when clicking on the URL, it redirects to a different page. 

Badge

Hey Liz,
Thanks for the support, we managed to find the issue: we used the older version of typeform embed code, the newer solved the problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Jerome Bstl ah! Glad to hear that solved the issue. Thanks for letting us know!

Hi @Liz, i’m a fan of your solutions and responses.

I too am facing similar issues with dynamically tracking the utm parameters from the responses. I have embedded the form into my website but am not able to capture the utm parameters as to where the responses came from.

Have tried the below solution as in image but to no avail… In the data-tf-hidden attribute, I have followed the parameters and input "utm_source=xxxxx, utm_medium=xxxxx".  Could it be that this is the issue that I am not dynamically getting utm responses? 

Please advise thank you :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

HI @FrancoMLBB could you share the URL where you have the form embedded? 

HI @FrancoMLBB could you share the URL where you have the form embedded? 

Hi @Liz , Thank you so much for the quick response. I found out that my code included the ‘XXXXX’ as in the example and thus not returning dynamic responses as intended. Thank you so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad it was an easy fix, @FrancoMLBB !