Answered

Error Submission Active Campaign

• 7 June 2021
  • 9 replies

Hello, I do not understand why when integrating with TypeForm the new records are received by Active Campaign with "Status" Error in Type "New Submission
please I need help

From Active Campaign they tell me that it is not a problem that they can solve, that I have to see or request the solution directly from TypeForm. Thanks

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 11 June 2021, 03:53

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @lalamos Thanks for stopping by the community! If you haven’t already, can you try removing the connection between Typeform and Active Campaign and add it back to see if this solves the issue? Thanks in advance!

If I did it but the same error keeps getting, disconnect it twice and it doesn't work. I do not understand why.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@lalamos - this from another user: what is the mapping that you have made between the Typeform (data fields) and the Active Campaign record structure? 

would you be so kind as to show your mapping in either a screen shot or on a video?? 

thanks

des

Este es el mapeo de Active Campaign

Link_Video

I hope you can see it, thank you very much

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for the video.. it looks like you have it mapped and that you have all the steps correctly completed. 

I looked through the documentation that i could find on both Typeform and Active Campaign sites and it looks like the issue is ‘on the Active Campaign side’ of the integration - I can’t see anything that would cause a problem other than the fact that if you are adding a new client record with the submission and your email address is already in the system, it should not add a new record with the same email (??)

I found this on the AC site that might be relevant - see the highlight

Contact was not added to your automation or was added too many times

Here are the most common reasons why contacts were not added to your automation:

• Think back to when you created this automation. Was it before or after an existing contact met the trigger conditions? Timing means everything as triggers are not retroactive.
  • Automation triggers are not retroactive (it does not apply to Date-based triggers), meaning, if the automation was activated after the contact met your trigger conditions, they will not be added to your automation. You will need to use the bulk editor to manually add them.
  • Make sure your automation is set to active. Contacts cannot be added to it until it is. To make sure your automation is active, select “Active” from the top right corner of your automation
  • Examine your start triggers to make sure they’re set up correctly. You can visit Why weren't contacts added to my automation to learn more
  • If you're using a page visit as your start trigger, make sure the URL in your trigger matches both the page visit and the whitelisted domain. For more info on using web pages as triggers, visit How to send an email when a web page is visited
  • If you're using a third party form with the “Submits Form” trigger, contacts will not get added. Use a “Subscribes to list” trigger instead

I don’t know if this will help but that is what crossed my mind. 

@Liz - any thoughts??

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @lalamos - i put in a response just now and got a strange message that my post had to be reviewed by the moderators. 

maybe to do with the copy and paste of some detail from the Active Campaign help site article here.

the article said two things that might help (i could see nothing wrong in what you have mapped):

• you may have entered the same email address too many times - if the email already exists in the AC list, it will not enter it as a new one 
  • there is a bullet on the trigger for entries coming from a third party form that says to use the ‘subscribes to list’ trigger and not the submits form trigger. 

maybe that will help.. and if the other post arrives, after review by the moderators, you will see the details as well. 

cheers

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @lalamos Thank you for sharing that! If I’m watching this correctly, it looks like the email field is the only one mapped, right? 

If so, would you mind removing the integration and re-adding it to see if the error still persists?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

YOU CAN IGNORE THIS POST NOW AS THE EARLIER ONES ARE NOW LISTED ABOVE.  (humming Monty Python’s “Spam Spam Spam Spam”)

I have tried to post to this thread twice today with both posts saying that they had to be reviewed by moderator/monitor of the community. not sure why but… 

here goes what i was trying to post:

• there is an article on the Active Campaign site that seems to say that IF you are posting the same email to open a new record it will fail
  • there is also a bit that says that if you are using the ‘submits forms’ trigger when trying to post from a third party app (ie typeform??) you should use ‘subscribes to list’ trigger instead

hope this posts this time. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @lalamos were you able to get the integration working again?