Answered

Excel file not updated as question texts change and new questions are added

• 16 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello TypeForm,

I have connected my TypeForm to Excel (using a MS Authentication to the same account as the TypeForm account.)

When I look at the answers that is sent to this Excel, I noticed that:

1. The question texts (the header column in the Excel) do not change and they still have the original questions. This is when I have changed the text of the questions.
  2. The new questions I have added to the TypeForm do not get a new column in the Excel sheet.
  3. The hidden field I added to the TypeForm does not get a column in the Excel sheet.

Do we know why this happens? I used Google Sheet before, but now I have to send the answers to an Excel and it is no longer my choice.

icon

Best answer by Liz 17 August 2022, 17:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @pedramm Happy Wednesday! To answer your questions: 

1. This is expected behavior. If you would like the questions to update in the Excel sheet if they are updated in Typeform, you will need to reconnect your form to Excel. 
  2. Have responses already been submitted for the new questions? If not, I would suggest submitting a response for the new questions, which should then create a new column in the spreadsheet. 
  3. ^Same with the above answer! 😀
Userlevel 1

Thank you @Liz

Problem solved!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wahoo! Glad to hear, @pedramm . Let us know if we can help with anything else. 😀