Answered

Export score per question per submission

• 15 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello, I am new to Typeform. I have a likert scale survey, with a 1-5 range. In the typeform, I have assigned a numerical score per text answer. However, when I export a CSV report, and then kick it into Sheets, I notice that answers are still in text, not in a numerical value. Is it possible to generate a report that includes the numerical result for each selected answer (per submission, per question)? Otherwise, I will have to do it in Sheets. Thank you, Nicole

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 16 March 2022, 15:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Surveymakers Welcome to the community! How has the numerical value been assigned? Is that through a variable or calculation? Any screenshots you have, too, would be handy. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

does every answer stay behind in the sheets or only a few?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Surveymakers - why not just Connect the typeform directly to Sheets? that way your data will be directly pushed into the google sheet and you have access to the data there

if you are using logic rules to assign point values to each, in order to come up with a total score or subcategory totals, you will have to look at the variables. 

typically csv extracts are strings and it is the import tool that does the conversion based on any metadata that is available.. otherwise you will need to convert the numeric-looking text field into a number field.

des