F.A.Q.

FAQ: Your Typeform Results

• 20 January 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Tech Community Advocate
  • 12967 replies

We know it might be tricky to get to know all the possibilities you have when creating your Typeform account. You may need more clarification on how to access the results to your form or how the forms collect data. That’s why we’re here! 😁

To get started, here are some common questions related to this topic:

Why is the timezone different when checking the export file vs the Results Panel? 

We understand that you may see a difference between the submission time in your exported file and the Results Panel. Typeform uses UTC (sometimes known as Z or Zulu) time in all of our integrations. The results section of your typefrom will use your browser’s time to display the submission time, which is why you’re seeing a difference between exported data and your account in terms of the date/time stamp. Showing the submission time in UTC should help reduce any confusion If you’re sharing the submission data with others across different timezones. 😊

Can I collect partial results if the respondent answers half of the form?

Perfect timing to ask this question! 😊 If the respondent doesn’t click the submit button, the responses won’t be sent to your Results panel. However, we recently released a new feature so respondents (as long as not using a private browser) are now able to partially complete, close and return to continue typeform submissions at a later date. You can learn more about this here. This means any answers provided, even if the form wasn't fully submitted, will be saved in local storage for 15 days. When respondents return to your typeform, they will be taken to the start of the form, but will see their existing answers from their last visit. From there they will be able to review them and carry on to answer any remaining before submitting. 

*Remember, while data will be saved locally for the respondent, it will only appear and be stored in your Results after respondents click the final submit button.

⚠️ If you have checked this post and the others from this category and still haven’t found your answer, don’t hesitate to hit the new post button and start a new discussion. We’re excited to see all the tips and suggestions our creators have to share - and we hope you are too! 🚀

Enjoy!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Can I collect partial results if the respondent answers half of the form?

Perfect timing to ask this question! 😊 We recently released a new feature so respondents (as long as not using a private browser) are now able to partially complete, close and return to continue typeform submissions at a later date. This means any answers provided, even if the form wasn't fully submitted, will be saved in local storage for 15 days. When respondents return to your typeform, they will be taken to the start of the form, but will see their existing answers from their last visit. From there they will be able to review them and carry on to answer any remaining before submitting. 

*Remember, while data will be saved locally for the respondent, it will only appear and be stored in your Results after respondents click the final submit button.

⚠️

@Liz ​​​​​​ - where can we find out the details on this new feature and how it works? Might be of value for those of us who are creating ‘long forms’ to be able to put in a statement about this fact as part of the typeform

TIA - des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @john.desborough ! Thanks for asking. 🙂 We have a Help Center article on this here, but if there’s any other information you’d like on this, let me know, and I can ask our lovely Education team for more articles. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - thanks for that - just a thought to update the FAQ text you posted with the link to that Help article, as has been done in other articles/posts.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks @john.desborough ! I’ve updated the article. :) 

Hi, does 100 response limit for quiz means that I will be able to receive only last 100 responses or that quizz can be taken only 100 times?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @nbelkania great question! The 100 response limit means you can collect up to 100 responses per month throughout all of your forms. Before you reach 100 responses, you should receive an email to let you know. Once you’ve reached 100 responses, your forms will move to private mode, and you will either need to upgrade your plan or wait until the month has finished for the response limit to reset. Hope that helps!

Hi @john.desborough ! Thanks for asking. 🙂 We have a Help Center article on this here, but if there’s any other information you’d like on this, let me know, and I can ask our lovely Education team for more articles. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @QWERTYU Thanks for stopping by! I don’t see a message in your post - do you mind sharing what we can help with? 😁