Answered

File Upload

• 5 October 2021
  • 5 replies

I would like typeform to save uploaded form with name of responder for easy sorting

icon

Best answer by Liz 12 October 2021, 16:38

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@kay -welcome to the community. 

If you have a question that asks the name of the responder, you can ‘find’ the results under the names submitted in the question/form. 

if you click on the results tab, then Responses .. you can choose the question whose answers you want displayed in the list (see 3 in the image below) 

i have done just that in terms of selecting the question in my survey that had the ‘name’ in the answer and you will notice that it has a list of the names from each survey. you can then select the one you wish to see and you will be moved to the location in the ‘answers list’ for that individual form. 

hope this helps

des

Thanks @john.desborough .

I am expecting my respondents to upload picture files. Suppose I download all uploads in a zip file. I think it would be impossible to know which upload belongs to which person. I am expect responses from over 200 people. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kay Apologies for the delay. We don’t currently have this feature, but I’m happy to share this request to our product team for you. 

Let us know if you think of any other questions or suggestions!

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @kay 
Sorry to jump in the conversation, but I am curious what you are doing with the files collected in the end?

Are you uploading them somewhere?
Because I am thinking you could eventually build a script using our Response API to download the files uploaded on typeform and rename them using the answer to a question about the customer’s name, for example.

I think this could be built using code or using working workflow tools like Zapier or Integromat.