Answered

Filtering results summary by classification question

• 22 November 2021
  • 13 replies

Some questions in a research survey are intended for classification and for better analysing results. A multiple choice question like “What is your experience level?” could be a great way to create a subset of submissions/respondents and find out how this subset answered the other questions in the survey and how that compares to subsets based on another “experience level”.

Is this functionality that Typeform is considering?

icon

Best answer by Liz 22 November 2021, 16:36

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jan Egbert Happy Monday! While this isn’t currently a feature we offer yet….this is something our product team is testing and will be rolling out soon. I don’t have a particular date for that rollout, but keep an eye out on the community for an update!

@Liz thank you very much for this reply. I was kind of preparing for the “this is not something we are planning to add” reply. But this is absolutely great news. I was just starting to mess around with Google Spreadsheets (CSV export of submissions) and Google Data Studio, but how cool would it be to be able to this kind of reporting on the fly from within Typeform?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Totally agree, @Jan Egbert ! That being said, I also think Google Data Studio is a really powerful tool that can make some awesome reports, so it might be worth giving it a try in the meantime!

Hi @Liz, any eta on when this feature will be available?  Any chance we could be added to a preview / beta to test it out?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @futurefemales We don’t have any updates on this, but our team is working on a tagging feature, which would allow you to tag the questions and filter by tag. I’ll share any updates as soon as I have them!

Hi @futurefemales We don’t have any updates on this, but our team is working on a tagging feature, which would allow you to tag the questions and filter by tag. I’ll share any updates as soon as I have them!

Any update?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @futurefemales yes! You can read about the response filters available now here. 😍

@Liz : Any updates on this feature. We recently shifted to typeform and would actually be a key feature for us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @sushrut_machtfit No updates on this, but as always, if there are any, they’ll be posted here. 😀

Badge

Since this discussion started already 2 years ago, I’m wondering if this feature is now available?

I would really need visualised survey results (graphs) not only for all respondents (but filtered based on the screening questions in the beginning of the survey.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Brand Manual We don’t offer this feature, but if you haven’t already used our Google Sheets integration, I would definitely give this a try! Then, you can filter results in whatever format you’d like. 

Does anyone have any advice/resources to explain exactly how to use Google Sheets to analyze data this way?

This was a primary feature I needed when making my survey. I saw there were filters, so I assumed data could be filtered in this way. I am now highly regretting not using Survey Monkey and I will 100% not be using Typeform again until this feature is added. I’m not sure how much of my life I’ll lose this week trying to parcel out my data in this way. 😑

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey @malli321 

In Google Sheets, you can easily segment data using filter views. If you go to “Data > Filter Views > Create new Filter View,” you can filter on multiple columns simultaneously. To then display a chart, just apply filters to your data until only the data you deemed relevant is displayed, and then select all cells. Then, you can create a chart on that using the Insert > Chart feature. 

If this does not help enough, we are currently working on an Analytics tool that can categorise and segment data freely. We’re curious to learn about new use cases, i’m happy to jump on a call and see if we can solve this for you :) https://calendly.com/tino-p1q/30min