Answered

Hidden Fields

• 19 November 2021
  • 5 replies

I’m trying to use Hidden Fields to see which store the results are coming from.

I don’t want the user to know that I’ve tracked them this way.

I used the hidden fields feature in the logic section and put all the fields in for example @store3

Then when I send the survey to myself I added #store3 to the end of the URL

I did the survey but when I downloaded the results I don’t see any reference with the hidden field.

Any guidance would be helpful

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 19 November 2021, 17:30

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Asferrel Welcome to the community! Are all of the changes to your form published? Additionally, have you added those hidden fields in the Logic settings of your form? This article here can walk you through doing so if you’re not quite sure. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Asferrel - to extend what @liz said, you would need to a) have the hidden field created in your typeform to receive the input and b) in your url you would need to have the #hiddenfieldname=store3 syntax, not just #store3

hope that makes sense

des

Hi @Asferrel Welcome to the community! Are all of the changes to your form published? Additionally, have you added those hidden fields in the Logic settings of your form? This article  here can walk you through doing so if you’re not quite sure. 

Thanks for the article link.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Not a problem, @egemen ! Are you also having troubles with hidden fields? Anything in particular we can help with? 

Thank you both,  I have figured it out, the changes weren’t published and I needed to edit the hidden fields.  It is working now!