Answered

How can I stop partial responses being submitted?

• 26 April 2023
  • 7 replies

I have a decent size questionnaire set up for all new customers to fill out prior to our initial phone/zoom outreach. There are a lot of different types of questions related to certain products or services we offer and I have set up logic to bypass certain sections if it does not apply to the person filling out the questionnaire. Recently, we have had a few forms submitted where we’ve only received part of the questionnaire and it’s in a different spot every time (even if there are required fields that follow). 

We need a lot of the answers to questions that come later in the form. Do I need to make every question required? Are people able to skip ahead in the form at the statement slides? I double checked my logic and it looks like it is set up correctly but maybe I’m missing something?

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Liz 28 April 2023, 18:37

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @areel426 It’s possible that the required questions are being skipped over due to logic and then not being answered. Could you send a screenshot of your logic jumps and which questions should be submitted but aren’t? 

Hi @Liz ! Thank you for your response. Attached is the question logic that seems to be the culprit. It doesn’t always happen in the same spot where people are able to skip through the rest of the questions (30ish that follow this one) - which some of those are required and other’s aren’t.  Any insight is appreciated!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I think what might help is re-ordering the logics, @areel426 . It will take a bit of work (and I’m not 100% sure if this is the solution without logging into your account), but I find that placing the most restrictive logics first and the least last tends to solve issues like this! For example, placing the logics that have the “and” conditions before the ones that only have one answer as the determiner could make a difference. 

Hi Liz! Sorry for the delay. I just went through all of my questions and reorganized the questions per your recommendation. I’ll see if we can run some tests - hopefully this will work! 🤞🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@areel426 Let me know if that doesn’t work!

Hi Liz, I’m sorry for the super late reply but was waiting for more forms to come through over time to see if the issue came up again and so far it hasn’t! I am hoping that your solution fixed it! Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @areel426 no worries at all! Glad to hear that worked! 😀 Let us know if we can help with anything else.