Answered

How do I combine multiple duplicate questions into one variable that arose because of branching logic?

• 22 December 2022
  • 1 reply

I have a survey with branching logic. However, some questions will appear as duplicates in the different branches. So for example,

• The response to Question A will determine whether respondents will go to question group 1, 2, or 3. The number of questions differs per group, but they will all have a similar question B.

However, Typeform will treat these as 3 different questions. I want to analyse them together, so I want to see every respondent’s response on question B and this should be one variable in my dataset. I can write a script in R that combines these, but I was wondering whether there is a faster way to do this straight from Typeform? I have a lot of these duplicate questions (and resulting variables, because some of these are multiple choice so result in dummy variables), so would be good to find the most efficient way to do this.

Thanks in advance for tips!

icon

Best answer by Liz 22 December 2022, 16:12

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @sytske Within the platform, we don’t have a way to do this, I’m afraid. I think the method you’ve mentioned outside of Typeform will be the best solution, but it may also be worth looking into integrating with Google Sheets to analyze the data further.