Answered

How do I print a certificate based on the results of a survey?

• 13 January 2022
  • 7 replies

I am working on a self assessment for cybersecurity professionals to assess their knowledge.  I would like to produce documents at the end of the survey that let them know how they did, and also one that serves as a ‘certificate’.  Can someone point me in the right direction to start this?   TIA   John Myers

icon

Best answer by Liz 13 January 2022, 23:55

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JohnMyers Thanks for stopping by! You would need to use an integration or a third-party resource to create this. We have an example of this here, and I also believe @john.desborough has created a form that has a certificate at the end (I could be wrong though!). 

I hope that helps!

Thanks, @Liz .  I’ll head out in that direction. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@JohnMyers - yes, as @Liz mentioned i have created a template that i use for generating a template and it is based off what i learned from that article. 

I connect the typeform to a google sheet and merge the data into a google slide template, turn it into a pdf and send it via email to the user. To do the merge, convert and send, i use an add-on called Document Studio which is also mentioned in the article. 

it’s a fairly simple process to create once you understand the basiscs..

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let us know how it goes for you, @JohnMyers !

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@JohnMyers ( @Liz ) here’s a sample of something that i have done.. uses the tools outlined above.. 

des

Hi @john.desborough (@Liz)

I just found this wonderful example and it is exactly what I want to do, but we are using Microsoft Office products. Perhaps you have an idea or an adive, how to do something like this with Office? 

Thanking you in advance! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Mark Question - 1) connect the typeform to Excel. 2) create a ppt to use as a merge document and 3) search the interweb for a MS add-on (or write a script?) that does what Document Studio does for me in the Google sheet: it polls the google sheet for new entries, merges the data into the template and creates a pdf then mails it out using my gmail … 

Sorry that is as far as i can go - you might check out the Document Studio provider to see if they have done anything with Excel .. i don’t think they have but … 

sorry (it’s a Canadian thing to say sorry at least twice… )