Answered

How do I see what people typed into the "Other" response?

• 27 April 2021
  • 3 replies

We created a survey for our church where people can select multiple options, including the “Other” category and write in their own answer. When I look at the results, I cannot see what they wrote for their “other” response. It just looks like there was no response at all. 

Is there any way to recover that information? 

And if not, how can I fix it so I can see the data going forward? 

This is in a live survey that’s running for a short time period, so I’d appreciate any help. Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 27 April 2021, 20:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jpope - welcome from another user in the community

I had some issues with users initially not hitting enter once they had entered information and just scrolling down to the next question. I had to remember to a) make the question mandatory and b) put in a reminder that they needed to press enter and then OK or click the checkmark beside their entry to be sure it was registered.  I know that sounds pedantic, But if someone chooses another option in the list before the other option, the checkmark will show beside that choice and the OK button will appear. if they don’t click the little checkmark, it will not register the entry for the other as well as the additional selection

I just executed this little file which records multiple choices and other entries as a test and it was recorded into the results 

Thank you so much! I think that is exactly what was happening. I added some instructions to the survey so I’m hoping that will help with the confusion. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jpope - here’s hoping it works for you! cheers