Answered

How do I stop incomplete surveys from being submitted?

• 14 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I set it up so that all questions are required to be answered but even if most of the questions are not answered, when the person hits “Submit”, the record is saved as a result. I cannot use incomplete submissions and I need to set the survey so that incomplete submission will not be saved to the Results file. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Mariana 15 February 2021, 14:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @SHAMAN. Welcome to our Community! =) 

To make sure I understood it well, did you make all your questions required? Please note you'll need to toggle this option question by question. Here is the Help Center article with more information on how to do that. 

If you have done this already, can you make sure you have published your form too? Just press the Publish button in the top-right corner of your create panel. 

Following the steps above, the respondent won't be able to submit the form if the required questions aren't answered. This means you won't be receiving incomplete surveys anymore. 😎

Let us know if you need further help! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi. Thanks for your reply. We got it fixed - it was a logic jump issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @SHAMAN. Yay! That's great to hear! 👏🏻

And thanks for sharing what the issue was. This is a good point: if a logic jump is making the respondents skip questions, even if these questions are set as required, they'll be able to submit the form since they weren't presented with these questions. 

Looks like everything is working as expected now. 🙂 Let us know if there is anything else the community team can do for you! 

Badge

Awsome!