Answered

How to change the 'Organizer' email?

• 10 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Just testing the system to check it’s still working OK (yes) I noticed on the email sent to me as the guest for a zoom meeting it shows 2 emails:

My gmail, with (organiser)

The guest’s email

I’m confused why it’s showing my Gmail instead of my Typeform email? To login to Typeform I use my normal biz email and I would expect it to use that for the organizer, but it’s showing my Google Gmail address?

I don’t see anywhere to change that?

And as I type this I now wonder what address I use for zoom, and maybe that’s why it’s showing that? Mmm.. I checked and I do have a zoom account with my biz email, so how to change the one that these emails are showing?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Adddam 10 May 2023, 12:07

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Adddam Thanks for stopping by the community! Do you mind sharing a screenshot of where you’re seeing this? Thanks in advance!

Well that would reveal 2 of my email addresses….

It’s all a little complicated… I have Typeform, which opens a Calendly appointment maker, which creates a Zoom appointment. Somewhere in those 3 it is using my Gmail.

When I go to my website and click the button it opens the Typeform form.

My account with Typeform is under my biz email address.

My account with Calendly is… under the wrong address but not my Gmail… have updated that so it is now under my biz address.

My account with Zoom is under a different Biz address but NOT my Gmail.

Yet when I make an appointment to test it all, I get an email saying the organizer is (my Gmail address).

I think I just need to start this whole thing again...

I think I have found the problem! When I try to recreate this whole mess I see:

“Calendar Invitations

An event will be created in your calendar and your invitee will be added as an attendee.

Note: Requires a Google, Office 365 or Exchange calendar connection with the ability to add new Calendly events.”

So I’m forced to give it my gmail address, and then it sends email to my clients as though sent by my free gmail? That’s very unprofessional and frankly pathetic, but it is what it is I guess.

*sigh

Anyway, it seems it’s Calendly forcing the use of Google, not Typeform’s fault. I have to wonder why I even need Calendly if just using Google Calendar anyway? What’s it even for? *puzzled face.

As a follow-up to help others, I have been able to solve the issue with the help of the Calendly people, who explain how to disable the email being shown and to use a ‘do-not-reply’ email instead:

“You can select "no reply" if you don't want to receive replies or expose your personal email address. Instead, the email will come from no-reply@calendly.com. To do so:
From the Event Tab of your Home page, click the event.
Expand the Notifications and Cancellation Policy section.
To have Calendly use a "no-reply" return address, in the Calendar Invitations section, select Switch to Email Confirmation then select Use a no-reply email address at the bottom of the page.
Select Save & Close.”

That worked and solved my problem :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Adddam Ah! Glad to hear you were able to solve the issue. Thank you so much for sharing this!