Answered

How to email resonse to an email address set in a hidden field

• 17 October 2023
  • 8 replies

Since “Notifications” have become “Follow-ups” there seems to be no way that Typeform results be sent to an email address that is set in a hidden field (that is other than the form’s registered owner / designer).

How would one achieve this?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 17 October 2023, 17:36

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@tedysh - you should be able to do that if you choose the send to respondent option instead of notifying the ownrer

v_guest was the email address passed in as a hidden field.

should work for you

des

I do not get the same image that you show me (see below)

Why is that?

In the “To” field there is no way to add an email address from a text field and not from a hidden field

In the “Reply to” field I have tried an email address from a text field and it did not work and have tried an email address from a hidden field (as seen below) and it also did not work!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@tedysh - you are not using the notification to respondents ‘form’ you are using the notification to internal team/you. 

only will work in the ‘notify respondents - in the To field.. you cannot reply to a hidden field, as you have seen. 

des

Where do I find “notification to respondents ‘form’” ?

All I see is:

Could this be an option available only in the “Pro” version?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@tedysh - did this little loom video so show you what i see/saq. 

Des, thank you very much for video.

It would seem that the feature you are showing is ONLY available if “Paid”

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@tedysh - ah! .. perhaps you connect the typeform to a google sheet so that the input goes into the sheet and then you can use something like document studio (an addon for sheets) to send out the emails .. 

just a thought